1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Kei class, but close...!

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Don-in-Japan, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

My friends truck is just about completed. Its a Nissan Sunny truck, fully restored and more. Shaved back end (previously had tie downs similiar to a Kei truck)..
    It cant be seen in the pic, but it has flames in the front..just a slightly different shade of green from the rest of the truck.
    These are motorcycle carbs feeding the 1.5L pushrod engine. Remarkably quick and agile.
    All this done in our shop..

Don

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Kinda looks like a VW Caddy from the back.

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Wow. That is nice!

4. gbrad

gbrad Member

Cool pics, Don. The precision in the engine compartment is especially nice. Do you guys do a lot of work like that or is that a special project?

gbrad

5. broshawn777

broshawn777 New Member

sweet ride! i am a huge vw fan. i have never seen a truck in that kind of shape. only seen factory pics that were in good condition. coool!

6. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Keep in mind..it is a Nissan..not VW, even though it does resemble one.

We do whatever the customer is willing to pay us for..most wont pay for the type of work that was put into this car. The owner is uber-anal, hence the straight and narrow engine bay.
    We also recently finished a project car for the Air Force..I will post a pic if I can find one.
    It was an old MP Impala..now looking decent. The painter did his first flames ever on this project, and he hates it. The paint scheme was decided on military officials, so..don't blame us. It actually looks ok.
    Now, we have to add an intercooled turbo setup on the 3.8L..front wheel drive! Thank you taxpayers for spending almost $20,000 on something completely unneeded.

Attached Files:

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Great. Our tax dollars at work. Say, I've got an old toilet seat that I could let go for a few grand.....

8. gbrad

gbrad Member

That one is nice too. The turbo project on that car should be fun. I've done a couple of turbo projects on cars that never had turbos. Stock compression ratios, fuel management and detonation are the biggest obstacles to overcome. About 6 psi to 8 psi should make that car a torque monster.

gbrad

9. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Why would our tax dollars be at work, when the truck was restored in Japan?

10. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

This particular project was funded solely by the Air Force, as a Don't drink, Don't drive campaign. I don't think it was the greatest idea, considering they have banned all racing activities also. I prefered to keep the MP motif, and have a cool "cop car"..but they went more towards the Nascar look..

Every penny of the project was secured by appropriated funds..payed for by tax dollars.

NOT the truck..only the Impala..