1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non OEM muffler

Discussion in 'References' started by o8k, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Doddy

Doddy Member

3, 5, 10 any odd cylinder sounds wierd, but you get an even number and thats when you get a decent sound. the ford v-10 sound strange to with exhaust. the only vehicle that doesnt is the viper. could it be the way the engines fires? wouldnt atleast 2 of the pistons hit at the same time reguardless?

2. Dan

Dan Member

dual doesn't make sense ,but what about triple? maybe with some crossovers?? lol

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

There are some Triumph Speed Triples out there that do a dual but I don't really know anything about them much less pros vs. cons. But here's an example (not a dual) of a nifty sounding triple. ;)

4. doramider7

doramider7 New Member

One thing i dont understand, is all the posts regarding 4-stroke exhaust tuning is predicated upon the idea that there is a period of time that both the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time. I dont have the experience to know if this is true for only some engines, or true for all engines absolutely or not true at all.