1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Power, Flooding out

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by minimorin, Sep 18, 2007.

1. minimorin

minimorin New Member

I own a 1994 mitsubishi with a 660 engine and lately it has no power and want to flood out. a mechanic said that the fuel sensor is to blame. Does anyone know where I can buy a sensor for a 660 engine?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. Prospector

Prospector New Member

Dont know about a fuel sensor but what about the plugs. I cant find a tool to remove them.

3. michael a

michael a Member

minimorin, my 95 mits was doing the same thing i changed the plugs and shot some carb. cleaner into the carb and it helped mine. Prospector my truck came with a tool kit like comes with a atv that has a tool for removing the plugs but have seen posts on here that says you can get them out with a thin wall socket

4. hopsing

hopsing New Member

I had the same problem with three of my trucks, all had japanese plugs of various manufacture. I changed them to Champion and everything seems fine. I have seen ngk and other japanese plugs that wouldnt fire right out of the box.(in a brand new atv). You are right about the thin wall plug socket, I had to turn one down on a lathe to fit the Mits.

5. caddymankc

caddymankc New Member

I never have much luck with champion plugs in anything, i always use ngk plugs, thats in atv's and golf carts though.

6. superdutytrucks

superdutytrucks New Member

when mine was doing this, i took the bed panel off and found the choke linkage and shot some P.B Blaster in there to loosen it up. Then i got to looking and i found a vacume line going into the choke with a hole in it and replaced it and it runs like a champ. Also put new plugs in it.

7. hturner

hturner New Member

I thought that the gas was my problem, but found out that the distributor cap terminals was in bad shape and when i cleaned them it cranked and ran fine. my problem was real bad on rainy days.

8. volkswagen50

volkswagen50 Member

The rainy day thing is a clue as well. You may have bad wires and plug boots, the cap may have a crack. You won't be able to see it, but there may be slight traces of arcing out. Most people tend to look to the carb for poor running, but it's usually the spark or air. I'm in that group as well.;) Hope it stays running well for you.