1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Heat Help!

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by De-icer, Feb 28, 2008.

1. De-icer

De-icer Member

OK guys,
    I have a 96 Suz here that gets up to temp great but will not blow out any heat. Blower and everything else works perfect but I can't get the warm air to blow, anyone have any experience with this so I'm not trouble shooting all day?:frustration:
    THANKS!

2. draggbody

draggbody Member

check the cable that goes to the blend door... the one hooked to the hot/cold lever...

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

You probably already know but JIC I have read that the Suzukis don't blow heat out the vents. Only the floor and defroster.

-Greg

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

no heat

Yes you are correct. Some models only blow heat @ the floor and winshield only. They will not blow out the vents above radio. I did have a 1997 suz that blew out the dash vents but thats the only one.

5. Ak thrower

Ak thrower Member

I know it's a silly question ... But did you check the antifreeze level ?
    I'm hoping they have radiators

6. glenn

glenn Member

Hi De-icer,

Rad heat problems, check, 1) switch arm for hot cold, 2) check rad fluid, 3) check thermostat...
    Window crank problem, removal? there is a tool you can get at an auto parts store to remove the arm, if you have a problem with the regulator....two types 1) arm with teeth on it, they may wear out and need replacing 2) cables with rollers, sometimes the cable comes off and needs to be re-attached....p i t a !
    how many trucks do you have?? Are you a dealer??

Glenn

7. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

We have had a few Suzuki Carry minitrucks that needed a head gasket. The gasket was gone between the piston cylinder and the water jacket. Usually you can tell if the rad cap is under a great deal of pressure when you take the cap off with the engine warm you will find air bubbles in the rad fluid. That is a good sign the the head gasket is gone. Let us know if you need one we stock Headgaskets for all minitrucks.

8. pepci

pepci Member

On Suzukis or at least mine there is a bleeder valve on the side of the thermostat housing to allow air out when doing work on system so you may look and see.If they get an air lock in the radiator it will cause that problem.

9. Archer-Andy

Archer-Andy Member