1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No gas to float bowl

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by gspiva, Dec 13, 2016.

1. gspiva

gspiva New Member

Trying to get a 90 Subaru Sambar running. It will fire if spray carb cleaner in throat of carburetor. Pump is putting gas to carburetor. Removed carb from motor and took off top and bottom. Everything appears to be open except for the port with the o-ring on the top plate that feeds to the needle valve on the float. There appears to be a metal pin blocking this port. I have tried air pressure in both directions to no avail. There is no way to push the pin out of the port without drilling the carburetor. Anyone know if the pin is normal or not. It possibly spring loaded and the spring may be rusted and locked up. Don't know when the truck was last run.

2. gspiva

gspiva New Member

An update on the carburetor issue. I got no response back if it was normal to have a pin blocking the port so I decided it was not. I drilled a hole into the pin and screwed a small self threading screw into it and pulled it out of the port. Put the carburetor back on and it fired and runs great. I believe it had been sabotaged as I purchased the truck as a result of a bank repossession from the previous owner. There was evidence that the carburetor had already been into.

Tony Evers likes this.
  3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Good that you figured it out on your own. Sometimes you have got to think outside the box, as it seems you have done. There have been times when some newer members have gotten disgusted when they receive no answers to a question when the main reason for no answer is that no one else has run into that particular problem. Lots of good people and good info on this site.

Tony Evers likes this.