1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vic W., Aug 17, 2019.

1. Vic W.

Vic W. New Member

Hi all mini truckers, I am a newbie to the mini truck world but not to nuts & bolts, dirt,grease & rust. I became interested in this when a mini truck was offered up for sale. I would like some input from the forum on this truck. It's a 1990 Mitsubishi Mini Cab 4X4 660cc/4spd trans. It's not insured so test drive is limited to a long driveway. Seems to run OK except for a few repairable things. My concern is what the reasonable top cruising speed on the highway would be. The current owner used it mainly for farm use & the speedo cable broke before he bought it. I'm not sure what original tire size was but it currently has 14" tires with a spare set of 13". In regard to the speedo cable, would it be an old type rotary cable running the speedo or would it be electronic? Thanks in advance for any first hand input on this. Regards......Vic.

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

It would be a cable.. When I was looking for a truck, I was warned by a couple people in Japan that the Minicab was a truck to avoid. I think their seats are the most comfortable but they are junk in comparison to a Suzuki.. I think most 4spds will run 90 KM/H wound out. If your considering highway travel, then you would want a 5spd. My '92 Suzuki 5spd would run 110 KM/H pretty easy