1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie questions on price to sell

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by kristen campbell, Oct 20, 2017.

1. kristen campbell

kristen campbell New Member

Hello, not sure if this is the proper forum, but I need advice.
    I am in possession of a 1983 Subaru Sambar and I am interested in selling it but have no clue the price to sell.

1983, white in fair condition body wise. It is white but paint is faded/oxidized. No rust, no dings or dents. It is a manual with the steering wheel on right. I believe this is standard for this type of mini truck. Mechanically... not really for sure. I haven't started it in more than a year, and it needs a new battery for sure. A year ago I had someone drive it to my house and park it in driveway.. it ran good at that time, needed a battery charge. It is titled and plated for road use in Michigan

I have had several people initiate contact asking me to sell the truck. I can now sell it (legal issues resolved). I just don't know what price to shoot for.

thanks!

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

If it is a pickup truck, probably not much. If it's a van, a bit better as they are collectible to some degree. Not much though unless you can get it up to par

3. kristen campbell

what is a good range? I have no clue or even how to find out. More than $1,000? More than $2000? I don't want to do the equivalent of trying to sell a candy bar for $50.

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

$1,500-2k if it is titled as a motor vehicle

5. kristen campbell

thank you soooo much. Someone was offering $700. I thought at least a $1k. Now I know that was even low ball. Yes the truck is titled as a motor vehicle with emission standards appropriate for title.