1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Question.....

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by emshaferii, Jul 9, 2007.

1. emshaferii

emshaferii New Member

I’m looking for a Daihatsu Hijet 4x4, extended cab, hydraulic dump, 5 sp manual, air/heat, pwr steering, Diff lock, axle lock, 3” lift, 25” off road tires under 10,000 miles…..2000 or newer....do these exist?

Are there any importers near Branson, Missouri or Kansas City, Kansas?

I plan to move rock, dirt, sand, and my kids to and from the boat dock....hills are steep around Tablerock, so 4X4 is a must...extended cab to put the fishing gear the stuff I don't want wet if it rains (mother in law )

Is there a shop manual for these in English? I'm curious about getting spark plugs, oil filters, air filters, and even the right oil weight to keep these things running.

Do they make a diesel model of these?

2. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

The truck that you describe has all the goodies, but they are few and far between. The dump bed is very handy! There is a company, Diamond Manufacturing, that is building hydraulic dump bed kits for these trucks. He is a member of this forum. It looks like he has a well built product.

The extended cab adds a little extra room, but is not really usable in my opinion. The cab is too narrow for even guns to easily fit. I also have my own opinion on A/C, based on my experiences (I explained in my e-mail response to your inquiry). I can't justify an expensive to repair accessory on a utility vehicle, but that is just me.

I can tell you that you will LOVE one of these trucks! I have had ATVs, a Gator and a golf cart....these trucks beat them all. Keep looking until you find one that you really like, buy it and you will not be disappointed!

3. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

I left out one of your questions! The oil filters, air filters, spark plugs and other maintenence items can be found at NAPA. I have a list of crossovers and you can find more info here on the forum.

Also, there is a company, G & R Imports, that is very helpful with parts. Talk to Derrick, he helped me with a clutch.

4. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

We import trucks near Kansas City. Take a look at our web site.

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Hey JR, could you shoot me the oil filter number? I'd much rather get the part number this way, than take an oily, nasty filter into the store. TIA

Never mind, I found the number. Thanx.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007