1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Here - Looking at Purchasing a Mini Dump

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Techspec360, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Techspec360

Techspec360 New Member

Hi everyone,

Been browsing some really good info around this site. Thanks to everyone for all the great conversations. Looking to purchase and import a minicab dump. Never done it before but found quite a bit of good info here and our friend Google. Looking forward to a helping farmhand.

Does anyone have any specifics on approximate weight can be dumped (raised) with a scissor hard dump? I've seen some out there say 1500-2000 lbs which seems like quite a bit but that would be great. I have multiple dirt/rock piles I'll need to move across the property and plan on loading the mini with my subcompact tractor.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Going from memory, my references are all over at my buddies. I’m working on my truck in his garage, because it is better insulated, and has a nicer wood stove.

So, IIRC: The manual, and sales information for the Off-Road, left hand drive, Daihatsu S80 series trucks imported in the eighties, said 750-lbs at speeds above 15-mph, and 1250-lbs below that. Which makes sense, because the dynamic loads on the suspension will go up as a square of the speed.

My 94, Hijet, Scissors/Dump, ( a Lift/Pick in Daihatsu speak), has a sticker on the tailgate which says 350-kg, which is 772-lbs. And, if you add the 350-kg to the unladen vehicle weight, and 70-kg for a driver, you would be pretty close to the maximum road legal weight of a kei class vehicle. So, I’m guessing the suspension was designed to handle the JDM legal load at road speed, but will handle quite a bit more just putting along off-road.

That said, I have had about a thousand pounds in it and the dump mechanism handled that fine.

Techspec360 likes this.
  3. Techspec360

Techspec360 New Member

1000# would work for me! If it can dump that and then some I’d be cooking with gas!