1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie from pacific nw

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Smf834, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Smf834

Smf834 Member

Tumbled into this useful website the other day, i figure i should say hi here.

i am looking to get my first kei minitruck, something 4x4 that i can haul stuff around the property.

i saw an old thread regarding the process of bidding on a jp auction and have it shipped over, is it still workable? All the minis i see are at least $4500 and up. Just trying to budget.

2. SLP

SLP New Member

Hi Smf834. Our Suzuki Carry that we bought online in June arrived on Saturday. We had an excellent experience buying online from Japan and working with an import broker on the east coast (we're in NC) since this was our first experience.

In our online shopping experience, it seems like there are a lot more for sale in the northwest than there are in our part of the country. From our shopping and buying experience I would suggest doing as much research as you can before deciding, including the various costs involved with importing. With the amount of money we had to spend and time not being a factor, we did best buying the way we did.

I wish you great luck!

3. Hegels

Hegels New Member

I worked with the import guys in ferndale WA. I picked one based on the online auction pictures and told them my max bid. they bid and coordinated everything. If all goes smoothly I'll have a 91 hijet jumbo at the beginning of November. Scheduled to come over on a boat called the Tamesis.

4. SLP

SLP New Member

That’s great! Can’t wait to see pictures.