1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New wierd noise!

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by KCCats, Feb 22, 2017.

1. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I have not been able to narrow this sound down to anything!

OK it sounds like a front wheel bearing, but nothing is hot!
    It is a wurring noise, doesn't seem to mater if it is in gear or not?
    Thought maybe the rubber from a CV but they where not warn either!
    At one time if I turned the wheel fairly hard to the right it would go away for a while.
    If you hit a R?R track it will start back up again?

Very strange!
    Any ideas on where to look next and or how to find it?

2. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

The newist is that everything is still tight and not hot!
    I did find that the axel shaft itself has some play it them?

3. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

How does the front dif work?
    I see that there is just an Snap ring that holds the half shaft in! And there is play or movement on the shaft!
    If the cover plate locks that shaft to the wheel, but the drive shaft to the front diff, doesn't turn unless in 4wd?
    (I locked that shaft with a piece of threaded rod trying to isolate the noise)

4. jat240

jat240 New Member

Mine has the same problem. It never happened until I put 14 inch wheels on it. After I ran those for a while and my alignment got screwed up by it. Went back to 12s and now it only does it when it's really cold. It'll go away if I jerk the wheel or I hit a bump with the passenger side. I thought it might but a wheel bearing I'm starting to suspect the differential.

5. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I actually had my VW TDI Wagon hooked to the trailer with the tie down straps in back and the ramps straped to the trailer, a complete rescure set up!
    Then took the truck on a 200 mile run! (Chicago and back)
    It was doing it before I left and did it that morning as well! Never heard it again since?

But Im still interested in how it activates?