1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to the forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mountaineerminitrucks, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Hello all. Were relatively new to the mini truck scene ( march 07 ) and when I was the forum I had to join. Lots of great info!! My dad and I are a dealer for minis in Arthurdale, WV ( 15 mi east of Morgantown ). We already have sold many trucks and currently have 30 ++ in inventory, including several dumps, jumbos, and a deck van. We Love modifying these trucks and I will get pics posted soon!! Been doing lots of lifts, tint, paint, wheels, tires, and just got an awesome dual tube Rear bumper made for the Suzuki that were getting adapted for other models. Were also working on front bumpers and snowplow setups for all the models. Looking forward to sharing info with you all, and keep up the great work on the forum!

Seth and Nathan Cogar

2. lance_pad

lance_pad New Member

What modifications were made to your trucks that enabled you to ford streams like in your pictures? I have a '93 Carry, 4x4, 12valves and would love to do what you did on the pictures you posted.

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Howdy! Do you have a website? I'm collecting all the minitrucks sites I can find and plan to eventually post a thread on here as a resource.

4. fording streams

we have done nothing other than a lift kit wheels and tires thus far. Most ( if not all ) mini trucks draw intake air from the inside of the frame simmillar to an atv. this gives you a reserve of air for fording streams, also the intake is fairly high, which keeps it out of water. i have had the mini trucks in deeper water ( 4 inches below the window ) and it did suck water in the intake and stall. I have plans to build a snorkel for my mitsubishi, and also raise all vent tubes and seal the distributor and plug wires so I can ford deeper water than the pictures. water as deep as in the pictures should be no troubles at all for any of the mini trucks as long as the distributor is sealed well and the intake is ran to the frame.

Nathan

Also, we dont have a website at this time, sorry.

5. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!