1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New the mini truck world

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab References' started by bacchus, Apr 16, 2011.

1. bacchus

bacchus New Member

I just bought a mitsubishi 2x4 , 5spd, ac, ps. It's a ball to drive. I will be using it to promote my business etc. I have a couple of issues. The temp gauge is pegged and I have no heat after a 30 minute run. I believe its the thermostat (??) also with 2 people in the cab (350 lbs) she almost bottoms out on bumps and bounces a little. I was thinking about springs but I really don't want to raise the truck up. I prefer the low look. Also it idles pretty high after it warms up, and idles a little roughly. I bought some seafoam to dump in. I imagine some of the passages may be restricted after sitting around. Also I bought the truck from Carson exports and they are great. I dealt with Jack and what a gentleman. Any way any thoughts out there???

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

no heat and a pegged temp gauge=no coolant circulation......do a full chemical flush and refill of the cooling system with the thermostat removed and see if the gauge stays lower...make sure to bleed the cooling system of air (very important in these trucks..they do not self bleed because the heater core and upper engine coolant passages are higher than the top of the rad)..there is a bleed screw near the thermostat housing.....boil the removed stat in a pan of water to make sure it opens properly...there is a lot of posts here on springs..if you dont want any lift,or want a lower ride just get shorter springs in the 200-250 lb range depending on the load you carry...if you want normal ride height you can use a 200lb spring (10 inch) shouldn't raise the height...the coolant flush should help with the idle speed (heat controlled and possibly clogged up)..check and lube all the linkages and moving parts on your carb...they are all exposed under the truck and lead a tougher life than a conventional high mounted engine..keep them lubed a regular intervals

Acerguy likes this.
  3. bacchus

bacchus New Member

source for springs

Thanks for the info. I pulled the thermostat this morning and boiled it. It had 82c stamped on it. The stat opened at 100c. I'm heading out tonight so I'll see if we have heat and the gauge stays down. I'll do a flush tomorrow. What is the procedure to bleed the system. I didn't notice anything that looked like a bleed screw.

Where is a good source for springs? Also are there any reasonably priced alu. rims out there? Again Thanks.

4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Jegs and other race car supply places are some sources for springs

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

after flushing refilling and replacing thermostat open the heater temp valve to high heat(make sure to flush with heater on high heat setting as well so the valve will be open and allow the chemical flush into the heater core).....once everything is buttoned up tight start the truck with the rad cap left off once the coolant starts moving top it off and cap it...then open the bleeder screw (pic) till coolant flows out..tighten it..rock the truck around and open it again to be sure the air is all out...obviously be careful as it will be hot by now....

your wheel bolt pattern is 4x114.3 ..

Attached Files:

• p5.jpg
      p5.jpg
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views: