1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Suzuki

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gregkabob, May 20, 2008.

1. Gregkabob

Gregkabob Member

Hi, My name is Greg and I picked up my 92 Carry last Thursday. It has 68K on the odometer, 4 wheel hi/lo, locking diff and axel lock.

My self I retired from 26 years active duty in the AF going on 5 years. My wife and I purchased 58 acres in Oklahoma and are in the process of building on it and starting a farm. I spent four years in Japan and these trucks and vans where every where and alot of the GI's had them for daily drivers. This is going to be real handy on the farm and the bonus is that we will be able to put a plate on them come Nov.

I use the Gregkabob handle from the 3 years I spent in Turkey. We all refered to each other with Kabob added to your name, billkabob, stevekabob, chriskabob etc. So when I start on different boards I just stuck with that name.

I've already aquired alot of info from this site and look forward to contributing to it. Here's a pic of the Carry by the pond.

[​IMG]

2. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Greg,

Looks like you are going to be having loads of fun with your truck and beautiful land. Congratulations!

Sam

3. Craktskull

Craktskull New Member

Hi Gregkabob.....this is Paulkabob. Actually my user name was derived from convalescent leave in 97 (when I started most of my accounts) after a skull fracture.....hence craktskull. I think crackedskull was already taken by some dope addict at the time....

Nice ride and beautiful views of the pond. My father was career AF, I tried to join, but waiting list too long so I did 24+ years in the Navy. I too, spent many years in the Asian theatre and drove multiple mini's. They're just fun. Kinda like an adult 'Big Wheel' of days gone by.....or the ultimate 'soap box car'.

Anyway, welcome aboard. I'm new here also and spent almost 10 hours today just engrossed by all of this. Didn't even know folks back in the real world even knew about these vehicles until today......

4. Gregkabob

Gregkabob Member

Paul and Sam, Thanks for the welcome. Just got the mini and the word is out. The trany in the Chevy 2500 is going so I called a bud for a roccomendation for someone to look at it. I called the guy and he said, "Oh your the guy with the new mini truck" I said Ya, did Don tell you, He say no it was Roger. Roger is the guy that did the Dozer work on my road and put the rock down. I think the fever will start picking up here in Okieville once folks see them with plates driving the roads.

Greg

5. Welcome to the boards. Lots of great info and people on this site. I learn something new everyday. Great resources, tips, tricks, etc. Looks like you've got a great new ride as well. Welcome and enjoy!

6. Gregkabob

Gregkabob Member

Thanks NorthTexasMiniTrucks! The truck is pretty clean and came with fresh paint both uptop and on the frame. I was surprised that they would paint it and it does look like a good job. I've crawled under the truck and see no rust. Can't wait for the weekend to go play with it. That is when I'm not working on putting on a new roof on the "trailer". We have an old trailer on the place that we are fixing up enough to stay in while we build (or while "I") build the next house.:D

Suppose to be a pretty good long weekend here in Okieville.....

7. b_eastep

b_eastep Member

welcome from fellow okie.