1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sounds in the Truck!

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by cheepBeer, Dec 5, 2009.

1. project_x

project_x Member

can't wait to see more pics

2. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

Looks Good

Hey it looks perfect.

3. o8k

o8k Member

Sorry, haven't broke out the camera yet, working too many things at once with this truck. Weekend almost here... Not to mention Ive had it a week and no pick of the whole thing.. Figured its white like all the others so it would make a boring shot. Photo shoot this weekend aught to clear this problem up. =)

EDIT 12-20-2009
    Ok, Pics (had a little fun w/ the fisheye):
    Still need to make some little boxes for the speakers, but they are still quite loud....
    (Still need to finish the shed too =)

The Deck:
    [​IMG]
    Speaker from passenger side:
    [​IMG]
    Speaker from driver side:
    [​IMG]
    The truck:
    [​IMG]
    The front (plus the dog):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  4. o8k

o8k Member

Added Pics ^^^^

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

finally got some time to install the dual deck, another speaker option is to use the original holes on the back of the door panel and enlarge them a bit if necessary for the speaker magnet,then a 1x8 glued and screwed to the front of the panel with the true speaker hole size cut in will allow a deeper speaker to fit without moving the window track..I used 5 1/4 speakers ...also a much more solid mounting than the door card.(I just didn't want any extra pressure on the window winding mechanism as it is a tad flimsy as it is) I covered the 1x8 in fabric to match the door panel....also I didn't wat to drill any holes in the door or body for wires,so I used 4 wire trailer wire (nice and flat and covered in a thick flexible plastic..also gives me 2 extra wires into the door for later use)...on the s83 Daihatsu the deck was still too deep to fit,I had to remove the top cover on the deck and bend the back in a tiny bit (there is absolutely nothing inside the chassis of that deck..the electronics in it take up about 2 matchbooks worth of space :confused:..you could hide a good sized rat in there)...only prob I have with the deck is there is no clock..damn .
    Happy with it though

Attached Files:

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Model # please.

7. fupabox

dual xr 4110...and thanks again cheepbeer for the find:)

8. o8k

o8k Member

Fupabox, great install. Very clean looking... Question, did your door cover come w/ that pre-cut template for a speaker (first picture) looks like it did. I dont recall seeing that on my door when i took it apart... Lucky....

9. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Wondering that myself. I can feel what appears to be the same thing behind the vinyl covering on my door panel. Just never took it apart to see for sure!

10. project_x

project_x Member

Door covering

Fupabox,
    Where did you pick up the door upholstery? How much did you need for the doors?

Thanks,
    Rob

11. fupabox

when you remove the door card/panel you should see the cutout. The tweed fabric for both doors was about 2 metres from a fabric store ($10 if I remember)and used spray on upholstery glue right over the stock vinyl. In case anyone doesn't know the door handle clip removal trick heres a photo. Run a rag behind the handle..back and forth till it grabs the clip and pops it off.Oops have to post pic from home later:(:(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  12. o8k

o8k Member

I used a std head screw driver and the little horse shoe clip shot off across the garrage, luckily the dog found it... =)

13. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

You dont need to build the door panel out with any spacers.......
    I posted a way to do it earlier with POLK DB'S.... (They are deep)
    Just trying to save you guys some time and have them look great too....

14. fupabox

Hunt you are correct,most speakers unless really deep(mine were) can fit without spacing them away from the door..I tried your idea of using a bushing to move the window channel and found a bit more force was needed to open and close my window,so I didn't want to push my luck. It looks like the Carry may also have a bit more room to mount/locate the speakers...the Daihatsu has very little space and only a small cutout in the steel doorshell where the speaker can go.

15. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

I see. That may be the case.. I have never looked at anything but the carry. Sometimes you can loosen the top track bolt and space it aswell and that will ease the window crank issues..

16. fupabox

not sure about other makes but the daihatsu window crank leaves me with very little confidence that it can handle much torque...that was the main reason for not wanting to move the window channel..

17. TexAcoon

TexAcoon Member

Hey huntidaho
    Show some pics of your speaker installation ... I bought 6" and didn't realize the speakers may be on top of the window class ...

Thanks!

18. Army86

Army86 New Member

huntidaho,

Please post the pics and specs on the door speakers...I bought a unit that came with 4 speakers, but no dice on them fitting and still being able to use the windows in my 93 Carry. I've read the problems with space in the dash, must have gotten lucky a standard unit slipped right in? May go with an overhead set-up.

19. ozarkman

ozarkman Member

Did you find a radio that fits your Zuki? I have a'99 Mits and wondered the same thing because my '99 has a different dash setup. I took some measurements and the stock radio is 7 ⅛" wide by 2 1/32" tall. I won't know about its depth until I pull it out, and unlike cheepBeer's Mits, there are no visible fasteners for removing the radio-A/C vent dash panel. Gotta find out how to get it off without breaking it...

20. ozarkman

ozarkman Member

I have a '99 Mits, and there are no visible fasteners in the radio-A/C vent panel. Please see attached pic, and your advice is welcome for removing it undamaged.

Attached Files: