1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sounds in the Truck!

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by cheepBeer, Dec 5, 2009.

1. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

I am as HaPpY as LaRRy[who ever he is] Just bought this from Wally-Mart for 40 odd Bucks as mine went TiTs-Up.Not only was it cheap but it was the same size as the factory unit and went stright in using the same brackets and screws,not only that but it plays SD cards USBmemory sticks and has an AUX in for your iPOD. It even looks good in the dash and its idiot proof ...GooD Old Wally-Mart:D[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2009
  2. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

the box!

[​IMG]

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Thats pretty slick.

4. project_x

project_x Member

what is the model number of that head unit?

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

good score:D...no cd so more compact sweet

6. cabinmini

cabinmini Member

Nice Find!

Looks great:cool:. I would love to get a drop in replacement for my Zuki but I think that one may be too big? Anyne know the difference in stock radio sizes between the Mitz and my Zuki?
    Thanks Jim

7. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

That looks great! I like the no CD idea. I installed a Sony GT130 into my Suzuki with no problems. It fit where the stock AM radio came out of.

8. starpuss

starpuss Member

dam.. i am off to my local wallmart right now to see if they have one.

9. fupabox

wally mart Canada doesn't have any...still looking for someone who will ship here

10. fupabox

11. cabinmini

cabinmini Member

Radio Thanks

Hi guys.
    Thanks for the help. Just got one ordered. Speaker search is next I guess.
    Jim

12. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

dual XR4110

here is the unit on ebay for those that dont have a WaLLy-MArt that wants to play:frustration:ebay.ca and for the US. ebay

13. project_x

project_x Member

Fyi

Amazon.com has the for $37 with free shipping in the US only.

14. fupabox

If you are in the U.S. you can find it on bizrate/nextag for as low as $33..Canadians aren't as lucky.no-one will ship here:mad:except for 1 place I found after 4 hours searching...Oddly there were at least 100 newspaper articles in Canadian publications that did a write up on it (actually most just cut and pasted a gizmodo article:confused:).sorry semi rant.....That has to be the first replacement I've seen with such a shallow mount,and honestly who uses CDs anymore

15. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

I Installed car audio for a major vendor for 7 years before I opened my own company. I put a Pioneer CD player in the factory location and some Polk DB 6.5in Coaxials in the door of a 94 Carry. There was little room issues with the Speaker clearing the window but very easy to fix. If interested I could post some pics and instructions on how to clear your windows so you can put a speaker in the door that sounds better than the crap they come with..

16. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

wow.. .where the heck was this stereo when i went to replace the one in mine!!! aux in! usb stick! heck i woulda been set!

17. project_x

project_x Member

I for one would love to have the instructions. This my next project, so the info would be great.

Thanks,
    Rob

18. cheepBeer

cheepBeer Member

up-Date

Just for the info bank........DONT use the green/white wire as the ground, run your own from the radio to the chassis. if you do use the green/white wire you will blow the tail/marker lights fuse, I know its been mentioned on this site before but its just a heads up as it does test as a ground and is used so for the old radio

other info for the Mitsu the Blue/white is the switched power[12v+] and the red is [12v+]

[​IMG]

19. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

I can take a pic of the install if you needed or you could IM me and I could tell you all about how to do it

20. project_x

project_x Member

it looks like i'm following you around the forum, I don't really IM, but if you could shoot me a email, about the tips for getting the 6.5 speakers in the door, and clearing the window, I'd appreciate it.

I spent a lot of time on my first big mod (dump box), so i'm playing catchup on some of the others.

thanks,
    Rob

project_x AT myblackdog DOT com

21. rwood

rwood New Member

Hey all,
    just got my XR4110 delivered to my Canadian address from Sonic electronix. Total cost, including those crappy UPS brokerage fees, was $86.83 Canadian. And it even came with the warm and fuzzy feeling of not supporting a company like w-mart.

Thanks for the tip on the MP3 player and on the leg work on where and how to get it for us Cancon shoppers.....especially the non Walmart option.

Positive Kharma to you all.....Cheers.

22. fupabox

mine arrived today from sonic as well installation pics forthcoming if anyone wants to see em...looking at speaker options at the moment

23. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

Here are a couple pics of the 6.5in speakers in the doors of a carry.[​IMG]

24. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

25. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

take the panel off and remove the window track bolt from the front and then go to the hardware store and buy a 2.5in bolt with a 10mm head instead of a phillips head. Get a spacer that you can put in between the window track and the door there aswell then install it so the speakers will clear the window. You will be suprised that the window will operate perfectly this way and the window will clear the speaker. Dont forget to keep your speaker wires zip tied to the speaker because if you dont they will break the conection in the door due to off road use... Also keep the wires out of the way of the track and back of the speakers..

26. o8k

o8k Member

OK so im installing the XR4110. This post didnt mean anything to me till i started my install. Please pay attention to this warning. And for more data bank, the ground wire is red in my 93 carry (go figure).

A few notes about the DUAL XR4110. I got it at walmart for 40bucks yay! But read some reviews prior and decided the price point made up for the down side. The down side being, the user interface is very primative.

1. It will not show the name of the song playing (it will number them serialy File00, File01, File03 etc.
    2. It will not show the name of the folder you are in (it will number them serialy F00, F01, F02 ect.

So if you are trying to find song you better "know" what your file system looks like (subfolders are rather useless). Or rather, you better organize your memory stick well or you may get lost looking for songs.

All in all, i decided for 40 bucks why not, besides it has a 3.5mm jack so you can always plug in somthing else that has a better user interface (e.g. IPOD, etc).

Cheers...
    o8k

27. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

sigh, i really wish i had found this thread before buying that clarion cd deck and putting it in... but its done and stuff so cant do much more now lol.

on a side note i left the original in the dash to and my dad kept trying to turn the volume down using that one.= :)

28. erixun

erixun Member

my new tunes...

Here are a few pics of my new tunes;

The speakers I used are el-cheapo 4" from Waldo world. I didnt think they were going to sound that good, but being in such a small space they actually do pretty good with my Pioneer deck. Good enough for me atleast.

And thanks to huntidaho, spaner and minibrutes for the tips!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  29. project_x

project_x Member

o8k,

How is the sound? How big are your speakers? Did you wire them directly, or did you use an external amplifier?

Cheers,
    Rob

30. o8k

o8k Member

May as well snap some photos when i go home... but in words for now...

Used 100W 6.5" 3way speakers from walmart 24.99. I am using the tuner's 60W per channel amp as my amp (no external amp). I wired power and ground over an 8g wire stright from the battery to the radio to avoide the wierd dash light fuse blowning behavior. I mounted them on the back wall of the cab in the top corners facing forward. As of now i dont have them in boxes so the base is a little flat. But all in all its loud, sounds decent and is quite "PAR" for a little truck like this IMHO.

NOTE: the 8g wire is overkill yes... There is extra footage there for when/if i ever install an electric winch on the front =)