1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ranch hand

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ottoparts, May 10, 2020.

1. Ottoparts

Ottoparts New Member

20200509_183725~2.jpg Picked up this new ranch hand yesterday. Needs a battery. Looking forward to using the dump bed feature. Plenty of work needed on the property that we'll be working the ol rig on a regular basis.

installater likes this.
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Otto,
    Congrats! Good luck! What year?
    Limestone

3. Ottoparts

Ottoparts New Member

When I ran the VIN, it came back as a 2005. However I'm not 100% positive as it keeps changing my code from a S81 to an S80.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There should be a plate somewhere that tells you the engine version. On my S110, it is on a plate Under the drivers seat, on the left.

The Difference between the S80, and the S81, is whether it is 2wd-S80, or 4wd-S81. Same with the S82, and S83, as well as the S100, and the S110.

The s80, and S81, have some version of the 550-cc EB engine, and the S82, and S83 have some version of the 660-cc EF series engine.

5. Ottoparts

Ottoparts New Member

My tag is on the back panel below the rear window in between the seats. Here's what it looks like. The VIN also matches the stamped VIN under the passenger seat. 20200509_185401~2.jpg

6. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Otto,
    Mine is 60 digits past yours, and mine is a 1989! Are ID. plates are almost identical!
    Limestone

7. Ottoparts

Ottoparts New Member

After running the VIN through a few more sites, it has been coming back as a 1990 model year. That's easier to believe as it doesn't look like a 2005 model year. It's been interesting learning about these trucks.

8. Ottoparts

Ottoparts New Member

That's impressive!