1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New owner!!!

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by BLES, Dec 6, 2007.

1. BLES

BLES Member

Hey guys!
    Just got home with my "new" 91 Sambar. 30,000kms very nice shape. 6 spd supercharged EFI. Drove it 650 miles home from where I bought it. Gotta get a provincial inspection done now (bought in a different province) so I can license it. I'm running on a temporary permit now.

Hope to get a nice set of wheels/tires (Colin has upped the standard now!!:D) and get my graphics on it as I bought it primarily for a parts chaser/rolling billboard for a little business I started.

BLES

2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Lucky fella-my search still continues.:frustration:

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Congratulations. You are either A: insane, or B: a sado masocist to drive it 650 miles home. I gotta get out of mine after about an hour - MAYBE 90 minutes tops. Otherwise I cramp up severely from not being able to stretch out.

I do wish mine was an EFI truck. :cool:

4. BLES

BLES Member

Haha! I'll take"A.". I stopped about every 3 hours, and, yeah, they aren't the most luxurious cruiser. I'm only 5'8" and <160lbs. which likely helps, too.

BLES

5. De-icer

De-icer Member

I may have a 99 sambar dump coming in if your interested, I don't know if i'm going to grab it or not.

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice score on the supercharged model, BLES! Pictures, pictures....we all want pictures! :D

7. BLES

BLES Member

All I have for now are the ones that are in the "pimped" thread, from when it was at auction in Japan. Looks the same now except it has been nicely detailed and is parked in a foot of snow (when it's not in the garage)!!

Hopefully soon I'll post one with fancy new wheels/tires!!:D (dreaming...)

BLES

8. Colin

Colin Member

Congrats! When you say it's a 6 speed... it's just a five plus that super low gear to the left of first, right?

DAAAAAAYUM. :sly:

9. Subaru

Subaru Member

Too new for me:(

10. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

BLES,
    Where did you get your '91 Samba? And where did you drive it to? I have a Suzuki up here in Edmonton, but would love a SC'd Samba. Tell me, How was it on the Hyw? Were you able to comfortably maintain 100+KPH?? My Suzuki slows to 70-80 on hills. ALBERTA HILLS!!! that means 3% grade!!!! Gearing dwn at even 80 kph would over rev the engine.

11. BLES

BLES Member

Hi!

I bought the one from Luxury Imports. I drove it from Calgary to Edmonton and home to Sakatchewan. lane all the way at around 115km/h occasionally up to 125km/h. That's as fast as I've had it although Wayne said he had it at 140 and I can believe it. I don't know how much it would lose if you held it steady on a hill - I'd guess 5kms. It's revving good so hills are no problem. I'd just step on it a bit and keep it around 115-120 so not to be a nuisance in traffic. No need to gear down until you're below 60 km/hr.

Before someone asks... no, I didn't get 50 mpg!! It was very wind both days and I got about 30mpg Canadian which is 25 mpg US gallons.

BLES

12. BLES

BLES Member

OK. I'll try to post a couple of pics...
    Taken this afternoon...

BLES

Attached Files:

13. C3imports

C3imports Member

91 samba

Man thats a long way to drive that unit. I have a 91 for sale in Prince George BC . Heading for gov and DOT inspection tomorrow. great truck with 78000 km, 5 pd , 4 cyl. have 13 inch mag,12 inch std rims and / or can mount some Carlyles if you wish. email me @ ccbain@shaw.ca

14. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

Is it a supercharged model? Have you any pics?

15. C3imports

C3imports Member

No, it a N/A 660. no S/C

16. C3imports

C3imports Member

Hey BLES what $$ did you pay to paint the unit silver?

17. BLES

BLES Member

It came from Japan that way and was either a factory color or someone completely disassembled it and painted it that way. Everything I've taken apart indicates it was factory paint. It's also not a new paint job. Appears to be the age of the truck but is in nice condition.
    BLES

18. jtpc

jtpc Member

Your Sambar looks great Bles! I have ordered one and will hopefully have it with accessories added in about a month! I can't wait! They aren't street legal yet here in Oklahoma, U.S., but will be this November 1st, 08!

19. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yup. The "odd" subaru comes silver. (About 1:2000 based on what I have seen) and Honda has the odd blue one 1:1000 or so. (Just sold our first non-white unit on the weekend)

Its funny how much more attention one gets that is not white.

20. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

It's funny but in Taiwan I would say 90% of all trucks, including ones that would fall in the same size catagory as Kei trucks, are blue. When I asked a Taiwanese friend why they were all blue, I got a response sort of along the lines of "because that's what color trucks are". :D