1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Nissan mini trucks

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Titan Mini Trucks, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Titan Mini Trucks

Titan Mini Trucks New Member

2. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Interesting news. The trucks will be new designs. I look forward to finding out whether they will be similar to our mini trucks. A number of my family members live nearby in Madison and in Brandon.

Sam

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Very interesting. But I seriously doubt that they will be doing anything remotely Kei-like. But I can hope!

4. Ninmaxx

Ninmaxx New Member

I like the idea of a diesel kei truck!

5. draggbody

draggbody Member

they look like the dodge sprinter vans... they look porportional to kei class, but much larger...

6. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Photos of the new Nissan vehicles were in the local paper today. The truck is called Cabstar. Research indicates that the Cabstar (also known as Atlas) has been around for years and appears to be a light commercial truck with a cab over front wheels design, but much bigger than the Hijet or Carry. Sorry, guys, no U.S. built mini trucks today. The van style vehicles are called Primastar and Interstar. All three will be produced in Canton, MS.

Sam

7. andy_george

andy_george Member

In the pictures those Nissans are the same vehicle as my minicab van. The truck is also a re-badged Mitsubishi. Does Mitsu make Kei's for Nissan
    or vice-versa?

-Andy

8. ATVtruck.com

ATVtruck.com New Member

I was in Japan last week and saw some Nissan Vans at the car auctions. The looked identical to the the Mitsubishi Kei Vans. The year models were 2004 and newer. If Nissan builds a Kei truck in Madison it will be nothing but a Mitsubishi. But I just doubt they will build such a thing. Too small for the USA. But maybe they will.