1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New nanco 6-12 arrived (pics)

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by countryrebel, Apr 20, 2008.

1. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Cool! Where's the car seat that goes with that baby bottle? Safety First!

-Greg

2. countryrebel

countryrebel Member

I had to put that adjustable cup holder in just for my little boy. (And to hold the occasional beer).

3. rayallen

rayallen Member

I ran the tractor tires on my Hijet. I took them off because of the noise they make on paved roads. I use them only when it is really wet and ground is soft. I now use hiway fronts and mud/snow on the rear and can go most places.The good thing about these trucks is it doesn't take long to switch tires if yhou have them mounted onto a spare set of wheels.

4. dfftabu

dfftabu New Member

Ok, I have searched previous threads for two days to be sure my question has not been already answered.

I recently bought a 1991 Mitsubishi. It does not have a lift on it. I am ready to purchase a set of tires for it. It has 4" wide rims on the front, and 4 1/2 " different stock rims on the rear. I am debating between the 23" and the 25" Nanco ag lug tires. I only use my truck off road, but I am concerned about tire rubbing. I have measured and remeasured the tire specs, but I am still not sure if the 25" ones are going to be a problem? Has anyone had this combination? I would like to do this right the first time. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me.

5. countryrebel

countryrebel Member

I would think the 25's would rub with no lift but I could not tell you for sure because I run 23's with lift and no problems.

6. dfftabu

dfftabu New Member

the measurements for the tires i am looking at are 25" tall and 6.1" wide 715Lbs load rated each and are made to fit on 4" rims. (Like the factory rims I have) I compressed and flexed my suspension and measure for about 2 hours last night, but i cant see where they would rub. do you think you could measure your closest clearance to see if you think they would be an issue? I hate to be a pain, but i can get these shipped to my house for $302.08 and i dont want to have to purchase the smaller size next week. your help would be greatly appreciated!

7. dfftabu

dfftabu New Member

8. dfftabu

dfftabu New Member

Anybody else have any input? tire size, agricultural lugs, tire rubbing?

I am also wondering how much loss of power I will have due to the increased height and weight of these tires.

This forum has been awesome! It has solved countless questions with its search function!

9. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I don't ever recall anyone running 25" tires without some sort of a lift.

10. Jakester

Jakester Member

I would sell my five Nanco 6-12's. Four were on for about 10 miles and 1 was a spare. They were just too noisy for my wife to bear. PM me for details

11. countryrebel

countryrebel Member

I would not go 25's, I would think you would loose too much power versus any gain in clearance or traction. 23's have been fine for me with some lift. My next set of tires will not be lugged because they are just too loud. I went through the same process you are now and I think I will go with an aggressive car tire for my next set. After seeing where I could go with the tires that came on it and maybe step up to a more aggressive tread I think it will be the best of both worlds for both on and off road. We use our mini on the farm so we are off roading in the worst conditions you can think of. The lugs have been wearing down to the point of almost no tread left in the center of the front tires. These nanco's work pretty good but for tire life and dual purpose use I would go with a street tire IMO. I will try to get some pics of how they are wearing this weekend.

12. dfftabu

dfftabu New Member

Looks like I will be buying five slightly used Nanco 6-12's from Jakester. Does anyone have an extra rim that will fit my truck? The rims I have on the back of my truck will not fit the center bore I have in the front, so I would like to get a spare with the larger center bore that will fit either both front and rear. The rim I need has lug pattern of 4 on 4 1/2" with just shy of a 4.25" center bore. If anybody has takeoffs laying around I would really like to be able to have a spare. Thanks for checking.