1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new mini

Discussion in 'Mazda Scrum' started by firejonny89, Feb 16, 2011.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

on the radio yes i checked if u up the radio wires to the battery it self it starts right up no problem just when i hard wire it no luck on well ill do it later tired of messin with it might just get a diff. smaller radio but on the springs yes i did try to extend them but i still could not get the but the local fix it shop did both in 30 mins i took them off and took them to him. :D but he said he had a hard time i think he forgot to extend them but he got it so its all good but i forgot to messure befor i put them on so i have no clue how much i gained. anyone have any clue what the stock would be from the ground to the mid. wheel well?

2. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

a few more pixs first off the tach i have yay seems odd running at 2500 till it starts to warm but till have not seen less than 1000-1100 so ill need to play with the carb or have a buddy do it lol sorry pix time [​IMG]
    the cheap speaker box with the speaker just sat in [​IMG]
    and two pixs of the new springs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] sorry for the crapy pix was to lazy to come in to get the camera and used the old cell phone.

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

fond some good flat bar and mad 1.5 inch long rear shackles might have to do a full 2 inch to match bigger springs up from (250 on a 1998 i know i know thats stiff for a 98 ill be putting a heavy bumper right after i get tires) but i dont think i gained the full amount i wanted with 1.5 inch ones oh well only took me a hour or so messing around to make them and i got tires ordered be next week befor i see them but they have been ordered lol yay

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

cool! you need to double the added length to the shackle for the lift you want. i.e. 2" longer shackle will give 1" of lift.

5. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    got my new tires on

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  6. Daner

Daner Member

Be careful with those knobby tires if they are too wide you can say goodbye to your side mirrors. Nice rims!!!:D

7. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

yes yes i could the side mirror re for sure goona go with these they stick out a good inch so ill just have to take it easy till i get some flares or something lol and the rims r nice

8. Daner

Daner Member

Gotta love spammers... not

9. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

i lol how the urls get redirected here :p

10. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ok next thing that i most have is a lift the tire rub in hard turn and its getting on my nurvs lol and thats befor a plow so who know where i can get a good lift that will work and maybe one that has wat ever it takes to realine the front tires so they r not bowed out or in or wat ever u want to call it

11. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

gotta make sure a lift will do it. my truck its fender rub.

12. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

mine rubs the front egde of the fend when u turn all the way im pretty sure a lift will fix it i trimed a little but i dont want to trim any more. the drive side rhd rubs more than pass when im in it so i think a lift would do the trick.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  13. David_Hussey

David_Hussey New Member

Nice truck pics. Thanks
    Post more pics if u have.

14. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ive got some on my profile

15. David088

David088 New Member

Now this is impressive. The new mini is looking awesome. But i don't think they made big changes from the old one.
    Anyhow thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  16. younixguru

younixguru New Member

Did you ever resolve your issue with the high beams? I have the exact same thing happening now. No radio tho, wiring not all chopped up, just plugged in where it belongs..

D