1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New mini trucks owner in So Maine

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by maineuropa, Aug 31, 2022.

1. maineuropa

maineuropa New Member

Hi,
    Picked up two minitrucks locally here in Maine. Just got the HiJet running; the idle solenoid was broken, so it only ran on choke, then would stop after 2-5 minutes. Removed valve tip.
    Runs ok now. Had been sitting for 4-5 years in a 18 wheeler box. Mice had totally taken over the air vent system, the fan was plugged with mouse nest.
    The Suzuki Carry cranks but will not start. Gas is quite old, so will drain/siphon, then replace with fresh fuel, check plugs, etc.

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Active Member

I just bought a 1996 Hijet and just started the long wait for it to be shipped from Japan. My biggest concern with the protectionist 25+ year old import requirement was the carburetor. I'm not a fan. If I have carburetor problems, I think I'll swap out for a new carburetor. If I ever have serious engine problems, I'd probably replace the entire engine with another Daihatsu 4 cylinder engine that's newer, with fuel injection... assuming the engine is fairly integrated and I don't need to re-engineer everything to get the throttle and idiot lights to work.

3. MacGyver

MacGyver New Member

Liberty4Ever likes this.