1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mini Dumper

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MiniTrucker1, Jan 13, 2020.

1. MiniTrucker1

MiniTrucker1 New Member

Well the sickness has grown and I am now the proud owner of a Mini Dumper, she is a bit rough around the edges but she seems happy to be out earning her keep.

Sure there will be plenty pf questions as she gets some new shoes and some lift .

AKA "Mighty Mouse "

Attached Files:

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Looks like an S110. I’ve got a “tipper” version which is the scissors/dump set up.

3. MiniTrucker1

MiniTrucker1 New Member

Hi, I could be wrong but I think it is an S83P if that is what the Chassis number means.

I looked at getting a Scissor but apart from coolness factor I figured it would mean I could carry less with the additional weight. What was the scissor lift used for and can you dump with it up ?

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I bought an S 80 LP parts truck just for the scissors/dump to put on a Mitz. I had. There is more frame work under it and it adds some weight but for me that was an advantage because it gave me more traction on my steep property. I hauled some pretty good loads with it and just had to be careful to not load the front too heavy or there was a problem dumping unless I was heading up hill.
    Overall though the scissor lift was great for me as I have a lot of trees to keep trimmed up and I'm too old for ladders.

5. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

nice grab!

someday....... will have a dumper mini!

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

17992339-412E-440E-93B9-63A3374096E8.jpeg Looking at the sales blurb for th S80 series left hand drives imported in the early eighties, the scissor lift/dump and the light weight dump had the same load rating. 1100-lbs, at speeds under 20-mph. 750-lbs at higher speeds. But they were speed limited with a governor which used a solenoid to pulse the main jet in the carb on and off, and being permanently locked in low range.

What can the lift bed do: Trim trees, and pick fruit; get up high enough to clean the gutters on the house; lift bundles of shingles high enough you can lift them onto the roof, and not have to lug them up the ladder one at a time; carry Smokey in the Christmas “Parade of Lights”; and foremost, get draped in a camo, and used as a deer stand.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Limestone and kmoneil like this.
  7. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

ok thats pretty friggin cool.

8. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think, that their handier than heck!