1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member SE Pa 1992 Suzuki Carry

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Autorotica, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Autorotica

Autorotica New Member

Hello all you MiniTruckers... Thanks for allowing me to join the group.

I bought a 92 Suzuki Carry little over a year ago. Man, it is crazy how much attention these little trucks get. Thumbs up, horns honkin', people coming over to look at the goofy little truck at the gas station.

I bought mine from a gentlemen who imports them in Coatsville, Pa called Roman's Mini Trucks. I wanted a dump body for use around the yard. 4x4 so I could plow with it and something street legal so I could drive it to the local building supply house, Wally World, Lowes, my work and parents house. All are less than 3 miles away.

Im 6'2' and nearer 200# than I would like to be. Getting into the truck can be a bit of a challenge. There is room for my size 11 boots but not a ton more. It is comfortable enough to go the 3 miles back and forth but I wouldn't want to spend an hour going somewhere in it. If my cell phone is in my forward pants pocket and someone calls while I am driving the Mini, that call isn't getting answered. I cant get the phone out easily, the cab is a little too constrained for that.

Anywho. I've been having some intermittent 4x4 engagement issues with the truck and a Google search brought me to you good folks. I had to sign up to be able to blow up the pix. I will be spending some time with this thread:

https://minitrucktalk.com/threads/axle-lock-question.8525/

and seeing if the solution to my trouble might be revealed there. Thank you to everyone who shares their challenges and the solutions to their MiniTruck troubles and triumps. It helps make us all betterer!

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Welcome Chris! Let us know what you find out.

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Auto,
    Welcome!
    Limestone

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Most of the trucks use some form of a vacuum actuated system to engage and disengage the axle locks, and shift the transfer case.

If you haven’t done so already, start by changing out the vacuum hoses. As they age they get hard and don’t fit tight on the nipples anymore, or they crack, and don’t really hold vacuum.

The use of a hand vacuum test pump can be a big help, as it lets you apply vacuum to actuators, etc. and see how they behave. Plus, they are really handy if you need to bleed the brakes. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TH84ZNV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_cjT5FbJ5NRVRD

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

As usual,Jigs is spot on, the only thing he didn't mention is when you replace the lines use silicone tubing and replace them all. As Limestone says " Do it one time right".

6. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I think Jigs even used different colors to identify the different vacuum lines! which I thought was a great idea!
    Limestone

7. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

Welcome to the forum! I also am in SE part of PA and only joined this group several weeks ahead of you.