1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member in Connecticut!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thomas Anthony, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Thomas Anthony

Thomas Anthony New Member

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a 1993 Subaru Sambar (KS4C31N), and I have a few questions.

So if I'm looking at the manual correctly, it looks like mine is slated as a pretty average truck, but I don't get exactly what the C means. It says Sun Roof, but does that just mean that the back window opens?

Another newbie question; my truck is still in transit, but as far as picking up my truck from the port (in Baltimore, specifically), how does that go? Do I just go pick it up myself? Do I need to get a broker with a TWIC card? I'm finding little in terms of information about the process other than a bunch of paperwork mumbo jumbo.

It's great to find a community like this, and I look forward to being a part!

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

have you filed an ISF, or gotten in contact with the port? I recommend a broker. I used Davidson and Sons, but they are kind of expensive.

3. Thomas Anthony

I have not filed an ISF; I'm still waiting on the shipper to get the shipment in order and processed. I assume an ISF is something to be filed in between purchasing the car, and it arriving in the port, right?

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Limestone likes this.
  5. Thomas Anthony

Whew, I just wanna say, thanks a ton Matt! Saved my butt from a huge headache. Or would it be a buttache? Regardless, good lookin' out!

Hopefully DMV is back open by the time the paperwork gets here so I can register it :confused:

Limestone likes this.
  6. dave2531

dave2531 New Member

I used AWIS for my Importer and they didn't charge me the 25% tariff. They are located in Baltimore.