1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member - Art from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, 1992 Mitsubishi MiniCab

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Arty, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Arty

Arty Active Member

Hello:
    My name is Art, I'm from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and I have just joined the forum.
    I acquired my 1992 Mitsubishi MiniCab about a month ago, And have spent most of my days since working to make my truck ready to meet all Saskatchewn Gov't requirements to license and insure it legally here.
    It has been quite an ordeal, believe me, to make modifications when necessary to pass code, and still keep the truck looking as stock as possible.
    Anyway, it's legal now, and I do like the crazy little thing.
    What drew me to these thiungs, is just how well thought out they are in terms of being a real practical little truck, designed to do truck-like things.
    Below are a few pictures of it, hauling one of the things I bought it for.
    Hope you like them.

Attached Files:

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Welcome! Nice truck.

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Welcome, Arty! Ditto, nice looking mini! I like the bike your toting also! Pretty cool!

4. Arty

Arty Active Member

Thanks guys. - The bike gave me a good excuse to buy the truck.

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

A snow plow gave me an excuse, er I meant reason, to buy mine.
    DAB6A51A-7338-4179-9753-1C1AEF8C967E.jpeg

6. Limestone

I love that pic. Jigs! Arty, what's powering that bike? Now you've got me intrigued!
    Limestone

7. Arty

Arty Active Member

Limestone:
    The engine in the bike is a 66cc 2-stroke "China-girl" that I've hot-rodded a bit. It runs through a jack-shaft to the right side running an 8-speed derailleur. - - Good enough for 40 to 45 mph on a good day with a flat road, and mavbe a bit of a tail wind. - - Go0d enough to scare an old duffer like me - that's what I like!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  8. Limestone

Cool as heck! I love it! Gotta get me one of those one day! :cool:

9. Arty

Arty Active Member

You've gotta build them Limestone - nothing off the rack. - But take my advice - if you ever see one for real - run the other way, don't throw your leg over one. They're just too much fun.

Limestone likes this.
  10. Limestone

You know I'll wind up with one! LOL!!!