1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member and an owner of a scrum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by chrisxa, Dec 3, 2012.

1. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

Hey everyone, im new here. Im 30 yrs old from the Philippines and I recently bought a 4x4 suzuki scrum (f6a-660cc). I don't know much about cars and stuff but im really excited about my new toy van... Im planning to have it painted a dark brown matte...or maybe olive drab... i dunno... I hope to get much knowledge from here from you guys.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Welcome u have a scrum van that's cool. I have a scrum truck. Just about ever part on ur scrum will be off a carry van over than the Mazda sign and scrum sticker everything else will be suzuki carry parts do you know what year it is and everyone on the forum loves to see pictures of the trucks and vans so when u can please post some

3. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

Don't mind if I do ;) here she is...

[​IMG]

4. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Nice van
    Ok I have to. Are u sure its a scrum it says suzuki on the front that should be a carry van. And the year tag is going to be what ever the tag on ur seat belts say would be the year just so u know

5. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

It's a scrum :D Im planning to change that front panel into something I saw from a Carry...they're like ants here in the phillippines, the vans I mean. Registration says 2006 but on the seatbelt its 1998. A friend told me it's 2006 and that they just scrounge the seatbelt from another van.

6. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I would say its a 98 2006 should have a different front nose than that only reason I know is I like the 98 and befor body more the the 99 and after but either way as long as it runs good that's the main thing if you get time would like to see some more pictures of it inside and out no rush

7. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

8. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

It's a scrum :D Im planning to change that front panel into something I saw from a Carry...they're like ants here in the phillippines, the vans I mean. Registration says 2006 but on the seatbelt its 1998. A friend told me it's 2006 and that they just scrounge the seatbelt from another van...so im guessing its a 98?

9. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

From the body it's a 98 or older. 99 was the model change year when u get time just read the vin and right in front of one of the seat wether its right hand drive or left will change which one will be stamped in the metal a model or vin code also. If I remember right a scrum from 98 will be dk51 I believe someone else please help me on that one I can't remember and I'm at work so I can't go look.

10. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

11. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Cool van..welcome to the forum :)

12. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

i got a chassis code of dm51v,,,what does it mean?

13. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Well I can't say that I know that if I was to guess the v is for van as the t in mine is prolly for t. Hope someone with a little more info can chime in and help one that one

14. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

What little I found in 5 mins on google is there is a dm51v and a dl51v. The bm is 4x4 and the do is midship what ever that means I know it's not much. And seems to be from 94 the oldest I found in 5 mins to a 1998

15. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

I'd trade you in a second for that unit, nice,
    Just post the whole VIN#, and we'll run it on the .ru link,
    I'd say 98, no way it's an 06...

16. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Spaner is already thinking ohhhhhhh a supercharged van :cool:

17. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

I'd have that badboy on the drifting track in 3..2..

18. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I'm sure u would but I think it would be fun to have as a daily driver and its a 4x4 so might be ok in the snow on the road

19. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

dm51v-851468 <-VIN#?

20. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Yes that looks about right 11 unlighted the usa 17 so should be it

21. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

22. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Soo r u saying he's got a turbo mini???? Lucky _____ lol

23. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

Im not really sure if it got a turbo...how do i check?

24. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I would thing pull the seats off and look down one the exhaust side u would prolly see it there somewhere just under where the cab and bed meet I THINK. It has to be hooked into the exhaust so if u follow from the block back or the tailpipe up ur gonna see it if it does. I'm guessing you know what a turbo looks like. Right?

25. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

No. :frustration:

26. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Just google turbo charger and u will get what's ur looking for one side will run the exhaust through it and the other will run to the intake. If ur not sure what ur looking for. Next nice day crawl under and take some pictures from the tailpipe all they way back to the motor block (that way you don't miss it) it should be close to the block I would think but I have not seen a stock turbo mini in person yet

27. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

Hi,

Tried to get as many pics that I can... the only way you can check if there's one is from the bottom of the van?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  28. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I'm not sure if that's the only way I would think u could see it from under the seats but I don't know for sure never seen one in person

29. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

30. chrisxa

chrisxa New Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering what those things are in the pic. The first one is a tube that comes from the exhaust pipe and an airduct is suppose to be running from that towards the 2nd/3rd picture..