1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jersey Registration

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Joe D, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Joe D

Joe D New Member

Hello,

I am new here and interested in getting a mini truck. Has anyone had any luck getting a mini truck registered in New Jersey? If so would you be able to share some info about the process? I have made a call to the local DMV, but after being on hold for 4 hours due to the pandemic I am realizing I will never get through. I truly appreciate any insight. I have searched older threads and have not found anything specific to NJ.

Thank you

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Boeki has an office in New Jersey. Call them 212-729-8293, and ask. They should be able to give you a straight answer on how to register one.

3. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

I have 3 titled and registered at this time in NJ , following their rules is a total PITA with the import paperwork as they don’t want to do the work so after doing everything they need on your dime . Then to be told no because they need to run it past legal and legal only talks with them once a month . Stopped trying and pay extra for a title
    If it has a title ,in and out of NJMVC in 20 mins , just take a printed picture for the paperwork or a pencil rubbing of the VIN so they have proof to send to Trenton for the override needed with short VIN

4. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Did another today , no issues printed out the title application form and the registration form , filled them out and other then now needing to make an appointment online which is a crappy system and at least 2 plus weeks out which is BS as not all MVC do titles and registration anymore plus someone walks by the building with the sniffles they close the whole office down for 2 weeks . Just remember to have your vin Pencil rubbing or picture and a copy of your bill of sale you can leave with them for their files