1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HiJet owner with questions ??

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jrkimroxie, Nov 19, 2019.

1. jrkimroxie

jrkimroxie New Member

Last weekend, purchased my first mini. It has the dump bed, but appears to be missing the electric motor. Just wondering if someone has one for sale, or what I might could cross reference for replacement ?
    Also see where you add oil, but not the dipstick for checking level.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Pictures please.
    There were a couple of different setups for the hydraulics on the dumps.

I have a 94 S110P with the “PickLift” option, a scissors lift/dump set up. I have air conditioning, and an electrically driven pump and reservoir, mounted on the left side, and in front of the battery.

The S83P versions normally had a mechanical pump mounted on the engine, at the right hand top, and driven by a separate belt. On mine, the air conditioning compressor is there. Which might be why the hydraulics on mine are mounted on the left frame rail.

Another option seen most frequently on the true dump trucks, was a pto driven pump.

As to alternatives: Any of the electro-hydraulic pumps, for dump trailers should work. And it should minimize some issues, because the controls are already working.

Mine doesn’t have a dipstick either, I just leave it down about half an inch below the bottom of the fill spout. The system is single acting, so it pumps out of the reservoir to fill the cylinder. It bleeds back, as you lower the bed, the cylinder collapses, and refills the reservoir. So, except for thermal expansion if you run the bed up and down really frequently, the tank can never get any fuller than it is when the bed is down. So, you don’t really need a dipstick. Just top it off with the bed down.

I have a pdf of the tipper manual, which may be helpful. However, It is too large to upload, so if you would like a copy send me a pm.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019