1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by jay woods, Sep 24, 2007.

1. jay woods

jay woods Member

Hello, I want to intoduce myself, I am jay and just purchased a 92 hijet. I am picking it up tomorrow. I think I got a pretty good deal, 95,000 km. seems to be in good condition. Any idea what is a fair price. It is blue for now, but that will change real quick. Thanks

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Congrats on the non-white little white truck! :D

3. Colin

Colin Member

Ooooh, is it that nasty smurf blue? :D

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Welcome from a fellow 95 Hijet owner.

5. jay woods

jay woods Member

Hey thanks, yep nasty blue, but as I said I will fix that! Hey anyone have any crossover numbers for wires cap and rotor? Also starts good cold but after it gets hot it is a pain. Again thanks, I have been on the corvette forum for years, gone from a corvette to this hijet, actually I am really excited about it. Can't wait to work on it. Also want to change the thermostat, anyone know the number for it? I have not let it run long enough yet but not sure if the fan is comming on. Otherwise it is in real nice shape. Got to ask, I paid 2300 for it. Think that was fair?

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. For cross references, take a look in the References forum too. :)

7. jay woods

jay woods Member

I want to thank Chad, I wrote him concerning a problem and he got right back and helped me out. Thanks again Chad

8. Youngauto

Youngauto Member

Welcome to the forum

You got a really good deal. Trucks in good condition can sometimes top that over here in Japan depending on the options and mileage.
    I like the Blue though. Wish they had more colours in their range :)
    Trucks are still in good nick up to 150,000Km without a huge need to overhaul anything so anything around the 100,000km mark in a 1992 is a good buy. Well done.

9. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

If your truck is idling way low after warmup, you can adjust your idle very easily. When you remove the engine access panel off of the bed, look directly down at the carb. If your's is like mine, you should see a white plastic knob at the 12 o' clock position. Don't touch that one, instead look for another smaller metal screw that will be nearby to the right. It'll be easily accessed like the big plastic one. I turned mine about a half turn clockwise, to bring the idle up to something closer to what sounded like a normal idle speed.

Hope this helps.

10. jay woods

jay woods Member

Thanks, I saw both of the crews you are talking about. I got the idle up and it is running great! I did mess with the white center adjust ment but put it back where it was. What is that anyway? I need to check if the choke is working ok, I starts great right now but I don't know how it will do when it is really cold. I tell you, I have done losts of work on all types of cars and trucks but I am having a ball with this little thing. I travel alot and can't wait to get home to play with it. Thanks for the advise on the idle. I put a lift on it this week and noticed a cv joint that had a split boot. There is a big cv and driveshaft place here in memphis, I called them and they have done some, Half a day later, done! They rebuilt the whole thing!

11. jay woods

jay woods Member

Thanks, It has no rust on it or anything, I am really impressed. It ran great but was real hard to start when hot, I put 3 new plugs in it, no help. Changed the fuel filter, Perfect! Best running car I have, and my others are 06 and 07's!