1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here with 1998 daihatsu hijet s110p

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Paco, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:26 AM.

1. Paco

Paco New Member

Howdy folks,
    So I’m new here and looking to get information on my new to me 1998 daihatsu hijet s110p.
    It has a hydraulic dump bed, five speed trans. and air cond.
    Just looking to get simple knowledge, like timing degrees and if anybody has found an interchange for an oil filter that I can buy at the local parts store.
    Also I’m looking to replace the front struts and springs. So if anybody has a line on those things. I’d like some help. Sorry for sounding so needy right out of the gates.
    Thanks guys... and gals if we have any in here. Got to stay PC

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Active Member

Welcome aboard. Most of what you want to know is already here, just have to dig it out.

Fred

Limestone likes this.
  3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

Welcome aboard. I have a 94, s110- PickTipper/Dump. So, our rigs are pretty similar.

If you do a search, you’ll find that I have done several postings on springs, and the front struts. Basically the springs are 2.5-inch ID, by 10-inch springs for coil over shocks. Jegs, and Midway both stock them. Midway has the better search engine.

I put variable rate springs on mine, (225/475-lbs/inch), because I run a plow on the front, and that adds quite a bit of weight on the front for about a third of the year. If your not going to run a plow, I’d recommend the 140/250-lbs/inch version, as it is closer to the 115-lbs/in that was stock.

Limestone likes this.
  4. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member