1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ejb17, May 15, 2017.

1. ejb17

ejb17 New Member

New guy here. Sold my Ranger 570 because it cant haul anything in the little box, and even bigger Rangers don't have any bigger boxes to speak of. So looking at some mini trucks to do the work around our place. Looked at a Daihatsu S81P and a Mit U15t that have been within a couple hours of me. Obviously its prior life will have more to do with longevity going forward but my question is what brand and / or model seems to be the favorite around the forum for toughness and longevity?

2. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Heya! Welcome to the forums. There is also a Facebook group (a closed group?) by a lot of the people here called "Japanese Mini Trucks of America".

Questions like that are quite frequent in the FB group... but majority of the trucks are for the most part the same. You'll get a lot of different answers from owners of different trucks (like I'll say a Hijet haha). It all depends how they are used and what condition they are in. Most say got for the cleanest or what you like best.

I did find this page, it puts a broader look on their differences although it might not be 100% accurate.

https://www.japancardirect.com/mini...-cars/mini-kei-trucks/spec-comparison-tables/

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Tuskano covered it pretty well; the differences are not huge between them. Personally, if you will be using off road at all be sure to get 4WD. Any kind of challenging off road, try to look for Hi/Lo range and Diff lock. The Suzukis are the most common, for what it's worth, but parts are a bit of a challenge no matter what you get. Fortunately, by in large the trucks are generally quite reliable.

Tuskano likes this.