1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guy here would like recommendations on importer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brower, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Brower

Brower New Member

Hey everybody it's Bob Brower. I'd like to import my first mini truck to Arizona and I'd like to have as good an experience as possible while avoiding any issues, scammers etc I'd welcome anyone's advice on where they found a good experience. So far I like Japan Car Direct .... Yoshimuro looks like a pretty cool dude and George @ Owia..

I'm interested in everyone's recommendations...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I used JCD. Pretty good experience.

3. Brower

Brower New Member

Thank you sir I appreciate it. Do they do the whole thing or am I responsible for any part of the importation once it reaches our shores?

4. mocast

mocast New Member

I bought from a local importer and it was equivalent to buying a car at a dealership, meaning I did nothing regarding the import process and simply paid the guy, did some paperwork, and drove it home.

5. Brower

Brower New Member

Thankyou, QUOTE="mocast, post: 123820, member: 93008"]I bought from a local importer and it was equivalent to buying a car at a dealership, meaning I did nothing regarding the import process and simply paid the guy, did some paperwork, and drove it home.[/QUOTE]

6. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

No, they get it to port and give you the documents to get it out. It'll cost you a day, but it is pretty cool learning about the system.

7. Brower

Brower New Member

I appreciate your reaching out with your experience. Thank you John Brower