1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jamison Lure & Fly, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Good Morning,

I am new to mini trucks and to the forum. I am looking forward to lurking and learning for a time and then contributing to discussions in not-so-distant future.

I found a ninth generation Suzuki Carry here in the upper midwest and plan to pick it up in the next week or two. I am a little concerned that my too good to pass up deal might be a too good should of passed up deal. Time will tell.

Thank you for the buying guide as it was very helpful.

TJ

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

3. installater

installater Active Member

Welcome to the fun of mini trucks, am new myself.

I have a 8th generation DB71T and it is a blast and frustrating at the same time.
    I've spent days on the keyboard looking for parts & prices, thankfully I'm retired
    or I would have been fired
    Been ordering parts here in the states & overseas when they all arrive \ spring or summer will be fun
    Regards
    Brian

Jamison Lure & Fly likes this.
  4. lowranger

lowranger Member

New myself. Picked up a 1990 Daihatsu Hijet Climber less then a month ago. Like Installater had mentioned, I too have been on the internet searching and ordering things.
    Decided to go with a 2" lift with 23x8x12 6 ply ATV tires, as I will be mainly using it off road.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Jamison Lure & Fly likes this.
  5. Thanks for the replies. I am going to use the mini truck buying guide that Steven Venglarcik wrote. I'm hoping to not make a purchasing mistake.

6. Thank you. Perfect handle.

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Not sure where you are in MN but if you're in the twin cities area there is apparently someone who imports trucks located near Hudson, WI. Lucky's Minitrucks. I don't know them but they are on the mini truck Facebook page. Might at least be a place to go sit in a truck and try it on for size. Good luck!

8. Thank you for replying. My son and I just bought a '93 Suzuki Carry. It has a few rust spots but runs well. We pulled bumper and panels to get a look and it looks better in there than my '17 Ford. We are in the sanding-filling-blocking-grating-sanding-painting stage.

9. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I see I missed the part where you said you already bought a truck! lol. Sounds like you're already having fun with it which is awesome!

10. lowranger

lowranger Member

Congratulations! Picture?

11. Thank you. Let me see if I can upload a few.

12. lowranger

lowranger Member

Okay.....

13. DC/Dave

DC/Dave New Member

Congratulations! I am sure it is a great purchase.