1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New forum format

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Jim Nelson, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Well it sure is different and will take me a while to get used to but it seems pretty clean and if easier to maintain let's give her a try. I'm an old low tech redneck and don't do the Facebook stuff or any of the fancy stuff but I think this will be ok.

2. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I'm not into that stuff either. Its cleaner, easier to get around and faster.

I think once everyone gets to using it, they will like it much more.

3. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

I like it so far.

kmoneil likes this.
  4. No complaints from me so far. I own a vBulletin forum myself, and it is a bit awkward.

5. kmoneil

I liked vB in the early years... but then I really started to dislike the way they were heading with their forum. I've been going to do something with this forum for a long time, but with the all the content and images, I just hated to start messing with it.. but I finally decided to dive in, I really hope this rejuvenates the this forum, with a cleaner format and hopefully more organized.

6. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I've been having trouble up loading pics for a while but I just did one in the Daihatsu forum and it worked real well. Big improvement!! Now if it will weed out the spammers we'll be good to go.
    Thanks Kevin.

kmoneil likes this.
  7. kmoneil

Nice! Its always good to hear from the people that use it the most.

The spammers, well that will always be an on going thing.. :)

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Looks great Kevin! Love the mobile site!!!!

kmoneil likes this.
  9. kmoneil

Thanks, huge improvement over vB. The site runs smoother.

10. greg0187

yes sir! very fast!

11. kmoneil

Check out the resources page at the top menu bar. We need to add categories and start to fill that out, I think that will be a good place to put doc and builds etc...

12. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Very nice!

13. allen0288

allen0288 Member

Not much on change, but I think this is going to be nice.. Thanks for the time you spend on the forum.

14. kmoneil

For those that don't like the lighter colors, goto your Site Preferences and change your style to Blackend, its a nice dark theme.

15. OldMachinist

Just curious if you have found a way to cure the problem with the old VB links.

16. kmoneil

Currently I don't have any options, once we find one just to relink it. I knew there would be an issue with links, but there were a lot of advantages to switching to use this software. I'll keep playing, I might be able to write something that will go through the database and change them.

17. OldMachinist

I talked to the owner of another forum I belong to that is preparing to switch to Xenforo and he says there's a redirection script that will get all the links working.

18. kmoneil

19. OldMachinist

20. kmoneil

@OldMachinist Looks like the redirects are working.

Thanks for the link!

21. Hey Kevin, I'm a newbie here, I was wondering about how to get into the Gallery? A member said he posted some pics of lift spacers there.
    Thanks.

22. kmoneil

23. OK so its under Media?

24. Is there individual Galleries for members? to down load photos of builds, and such?

25. greg0187

The old gallery is gone as far as I know.

26. greg0187

I recommend just creating a build thread and adding photos as attachments in the thread.

27. Ok, I did a search on lifts and a fella said he had pics in his Gallery of the spacers he made to make the suspension right.
    So now the they are lost and gone for ever oh my darling clementine! Sorry I couldn't help myself!
    Now I will never get any help on this site! I'll have to change my name and avatar, my email. dam.

greg0187 likes this.
  28. greg0187

Yeah. Nothing more annoying than finding that thread that you really need. And then finding out the pictures that were linked from an outside source had been removed by the user or the host is no longer available.

This is why I cannot stress enough to post photos directly in the threads as attachments.

29. Hey Greg0187 Did you ever finish that SAS ? I found a pair of Samurai axles but they are in Wisconsin. I have a set of '68 Bronco axles but they are to big. Any way keep it up man I'm following along.