1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new DD51T 93 Suzuki carry 4x4 owner questions :)

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Mudkip1212, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Mudkip1212

Mudkip1212 New Member

Hello everybody, I am happy to say that I am now a proud owner of a mini truck. I have a bunch of questions that have probably been discussed here before, I apologize in advance. I want to do some modifications to my truck and have looked online for answers and cant find a straight answer or parts.

1. Lift kits
    I am planning on lifting the truck 2 inches to fit some rims and tires on the truck. Where can I find a good, quality lift kit? will I need to buy new suspension when I lift the truck also?

2. rims/tires
    You have to look good when you're driving down the road too. what size tires can I fit on the truck without a lift (stock height)? what size tires can I fit on the truck after a 2 inch lift? I was looking at getting some 12x8 rims and some all terrain tires. I'm going to use the truck 80/20 on/off road. I have read online that 23 inch diameter tires would fit under stock height but will rub on the body and you will have to cut the corner off of the body by the wheels, which I don't mind doing. I was planning on taking the truck to a rim and tire shop near my house to get some opinions and measurements of backspacing and what kind of offsets might work better for me.

3. Roof rack
    I have seen a bunch of trucks with roof racks/basket over the cab. A lot of the roof racks that I've seen online for sale mount to luggage racks which the truck does not have. Do they make ones for these kinds of trucks or is this something that I will need to make myself? a reference would be Nippon import's mini trucks that have the roof racks and light bar, that is the look I'm going for.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope somebody can help me or point me in the right direction.

2. kyrbz

kyrbz Member