1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Daihatsu Jumbo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John Howard, Oct 4, 2016.

1. John Howard

John Howard New Member

Hello everyone, I just ordered a 2016 Daihatsu Jumbo to replace my aging Mitsubishi Kei truck. I am going to dress it up a bit when it arrives and thought maybe some members of this forum might be interested in seeing a new truck in use. I live and work on Okinawa and have been a Kei truck owner for many years.

2. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Thank you John and welcome aboard! Can't wait to see the new ride!

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I sure wish I could buy a new one and have it street legal like mine is. I'm really interested in seeing your new truck,I had no idea they were still making them.

4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

definitely
    on my wish list

5. John Howard

John Howard New Member

Here are a couple of pictures of new Hijets. I sorta went overboard on the one I ordered, it is a sky blue (paint code B69), Jumbo model 4spd automatic with 4 wheel drive, air cond, power windows, power locks, power steering, premium sound, color coded bed rail protectors, tool box, cargo light, 13 inch wheels etc.etc. It should be here in another 3 weeks or so. I have already started to order add-on goodies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tony Evers likes this.
  6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Did you get your new truck yet? I lived on Okinawa 34 years ago when my wife was a DODDS teacher. Many happy memories.

7. John Howard

John Howard New Member

Thanks for the interest. Yes I got it back in November and have been puttering around in it. Needless to say it it is a vast improvement over my old Mitsubishi. I am still working out putting a bed tool box in it. They make a large plastic one that I will probably paint and use. 20161204_171652.jpg
    There are a couple more pictures posted on this site in the Daihatsu section. I was here 34 years ago... I was in the USAF and we ended up retiring here. Send me an email, john.howard-at-kadena.us and we can catch up.