1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Contest: Biggest Spectacle In Public

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by lee, Oct 20, 2008.

1. lee

lee New Member

I was going to post a reply to a thread I read about a guy hauling 1300 lbs of used tires in his truck. I figured this could use its own thread.

We all know our trucks get lots of attention everywhere we go. I know I?ve contemplated installing a backup beeper so I don't back over any gawkers in the coffee shop parking lot every morning.

I wonder if anyone has any tales of big spectacles they've made of themselves when they were driving there truck??????

This is our fleet we entered in a parade here in Alberta. We turned a lot of heads that?s for sure. We had 400 watts pumping some hilarious clown music. A live drummer in the truck box with full set up, playing along working the crowd into a frenzy. Then we had a final truck with a 1200 lb straw bale that was bigger than the truck itself. We definitely gave the town something to talk about. The final photo is a gang of angry street thugs who surrounded us when the parade was over. I think we may have moved in on their turf:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I published a more complete story in our newsletter we send to our customers. If anyone else has some hilarious stories post them. If some are ?pee your pants funny? I may PM ya to see if I can publish it in next months issue of "Hamster Tales" (our newsletter, catchy name hey...like the corny pun?)
    ________
    vaporizer

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Too cool my little hamster buddy:cool:
    Need to round up an old truck box from a mini to make a trailer to pull behind and add another straw bale;)

3. Ravk

Ravk Member

I was driving down Yellowhead Trail, here in Edmonton. The guy next to me was looking at my bright yellow Honda Acty and not looking ahead at the stopped F150. Don't worry, the F150 stopped him quickly.
    I pulled over to see if the people were ok and the first words out of their mouth was "What kind of truck is that?". The accident and damages were forgotten after 30 minutes of questions about the little Kei truck. (I also mentioned this website to answer the rest of the questions they wanted to ask)

Robert

4. lee

lee New Member

haha, I've always figured that an accident or two must have been caused. I can also see accidents on the yellowhead, that stretch is killer in rush hour. I was actually driving down there with one of my trucks on a trailer last january. It happened to have my toll free number in the back window, and i had it forwarded to the cell phone in my pocket. I had 3 different calls from people driving beside me by the time i went from 170th to sherwood park.
    ________
    buy volcano vaporizer

5. lee

lee New Member

where did you get your paint job done in edmonton? and how much? I've got some wildly expensive quotes. I've got a customer who is getting his candy apple red. But i like the yellow idea.
    ________
    Honda CBR250

6. walkguru

walkguru New Member

this is bound to be a good to watch.

7. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Hey Lee
    i have a backup beeper on my mitsu...that thing is an extra fun part of this truck that i got for free:D:D its funny to watch people looking at my truck when i am in a parking lot and then they jump when i backup...that never gets old:D:D

oh...i like the decal on the white truck...i had a hamster once and he always chewed his way out of his cage..."watch out he's almost free!!" :D

8. Rural

Rural Member

That looks more like a straw bale than a hay bale to me. Either way, it's something I'm going to try as soon as I determine that my suspension is up to snuff.

9. lee

lee New Member

Yup that's a straw bale. to the untrained eye they look just as heavy. especially in a parade. I have had a hard core alfalfa brome in the back on another occasion. sinks er down good but you'll handle it.
    ________
    XS500

10. confuzed

confuzed Member

almost crash

Went into Calgary for parts at Pull ur Parts(for the Ford 1 ton) . On my way home up Deerfoot just outside of Airdrie girl took vids or pics with her phone her man would drive along side and slowly pass then hit brakes for another trip by. Fool didn't look in mirror as Mustang wide open came up as he hit brakes by this time I was on the paved shoulder waiting for the crash .Close no cigar he hit gas Mustang buried brake pedal I baled at Airdrie to resume on back roads.Getting used to it though live in Three Hills everyone knows my truck after two weeks now lol and as we have a dealer here in town it is not uncommon to see them here.Biggest question i get is WHY????? I just tell them they are a blast to drive can't find enough reasons to get out in it. My poor Ford must feel abondonded the Subaru took it's proud place in front off the house and the Ford gets the lane.If i could figure out how to fit three in it the Dodge van would no longer do out of town trips lol.Just wondering if I'll see any here at cruise night?

11. glenn

glenn Member

I like yellow too!!!

glenn:D

Attached Files:

12. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

GLENN!!! It's good to see your still alive!!!
    Tmikewww
    (tom)

13. Ravk

Ravk Member

I Love the Yellow on my Acty:). I bought the truck already painted from JDM Connection, it was their display truck and removed their decals (you can see the original decal outline from a liquor store in Japan;)).

Show it off and you will love the attention you get!:D:rolleyes::D

Robert