1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Carburetor

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by jody, Jan 9, 2019.

1. lou

lou New Member

pulled the broken hose, it routed to the intake manifold at a tee fitting and to to wax choke, the 90 elbow was a black plastic and crumbled. The tee was white nylon plastic. removing the alternator and egr valve to accomplish. Interesting to note, line from water pump routes up and over the intake manifold and back down under the manifold, feeding back to the tee connection and out and up to the wax choke.... Makes an intentional air trap higher than the radiator... 1997 Diahatsu S110P EF-GS__20200305_134230.1.jpg

lou
    1997-s110p -R_Hand drive -EFGS -twin cam -elec Ignition -elec fuel pump -AC -Auto trans....and no brakes......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Lou,
    I'm glad you found it. A lot less complicated and cheaper, repair. That's one thing for sure, that I am doing, in practically a near total restoration. If looks, or is worn, and might cause a problem down the road, I am, replacing, repairing, or removing any and all possible problems! My lovely wive of 37 yrs. thinks I'm nuts, but I'm pretty sure that she's always felt that way about me!!!:)
    Limestone

3. lou

lou New Member

limestone

I agree with the philosophy ,, My last new car was in 71. Since I have bought and repaired and replaced untill I felt it wouldn't be a problem on the road. I do not drive till failure, I prefer trouble free driving..... I have spent as much as a year or more before using what I have bought. This machine is for my wife of 40+ so she can get up and down the hill and out back to the cabins and camp sites. This is rural and hilly region. She doesn't like my six wheel Polaris. these two machine side by side are not that much diferent in size. Wheel base is only about 6 in dif.

I am going to start a new thread, Carburetor is solved......
    This will fill in some gaps that others may get value from.....

hope we can still exchange......

1997 Diahatsu S110P EF-GS__

lou
    1997-s110p -R_Hand drive -EFGS -twin cam -elec Ignition -elec fuel pump -AC -Auto trans....and no brakes......

Limestone likes this.