1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New carburetor shopping

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by TXD, Jan 13, 2019.

1. TXD

TXD New Member

I have a 96 dd51t with the f6a engine. When looking for carbs I see some for the f6a but doesn't list the dd51t as being a same fit. Do I need to just look for a f6a carb? Or does it need to list being for a dd51t as well? Or what the heck should I be looking for?

2. Steve Simons

Steve Simons New Member

3. Steve Simons

Steve Simons New Member

I just went through the purchase of a carburetor. You MUST have the VIN, this identifies the vehicle series, and reference it. I bought a carb that was hyped to fit the DD51T and it didn't. The vendors response was that I should order using the VIN to get the proper carb. No place in their e-bay post does it say anything about the VIN requirement. The company (rvt Parts Enterprises) is happy to accept a return. I must ship it back and they will refund the price of the carb. The only catch is the return shipping costs 1 1/2 times the what the carb costs. Please learn from my mistake and save some headaches. There are good vendors but research and ask questions first. Good luck

Steve

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Vin on a DD51T does not matter when it comes to the carburator fitting. There are differences between them that can be adapted but the intake manifold/ bolt pattern is the same on all carburated DD51T. If it did not fit, it wasn't for a DD51T. The F6A was used in a carburated configuration on other vehicles, many of those just are not even close. If you want an easy cheap carb, a Harley CV 40 can be used with an adapter but it would need jetted down

5. Steve Simons

Steve Simons New Member

The vehicle is a DD51T with the F6A engine I guess I should have been more clear. Yes the carb will bolt to the manifold and the throttle cable and water lines will work also. The vacuum lines are very different on the carb I purchased. They probably could be adapted but for the novice like myself this is a BIG problem. I was not able to find any information on carb differences until I was finally able to join this forum. It was too late by then. I apologize if I misled anyone. I am still stuck with this carb and out the money because I was misled, I maintain before purchasing online you should ask many questions and make sure you are getting what the add says, which was my point. Thank you for your response.

Steve

6. matt167

matt167 Active Member

yup. it's a common issue. The Vac diagrams and how to swap it are here on these forums.. The bottom line is they are compatible and you can make it work fairly easy although the carburators rely on vac connections for various things to work. I'm not actually sure the other version of the carb is actually still available outside of Suzuki, and the Suzuki/ Megazip price on the carb is north of $1,200 last I checked