1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New break through on 3g81 3g83

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Jonnybilt, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Jonnybilt

Jonnybilt New Member

Ok so after having countless nights trying to cure my Mitsubishi from a bad idling problem took all the emissions hoses and plugging off pointless vacuum lines it runs like the day it was made :rolleyes:

2. Alex

Alex New Member

Whats the best way to get at all the hoses? I saw your reply to my issue of my minicab not idling and i'm pretty sure it is a vaccum issue or something. I bet thats great feeling to get it running like new again!

3. Jonnybilt

Jonnybilt New Member

Yeah so pretty Much I took the vacuum lines that go to the top of the carb which after allot of following and looking found that the 3 or 4 lines I took off all had something to do with the egr valve that allowes exaust to re enter the intake and burn off any un spent fuel in the exaust but seeing that my mini smokes like a old woman at a bingo hall I thought it prob wasn't gonna hurt the environment any less to **** can the emissions system in one way or another capped them at the carb started it up ran awesome now I know the problem lies somewhere in the Japanese birds nest of hosing and 8 different vacuum switches that do god knows what and I'm sure I'll here all about how the wright thing to do is to fix the faulty part and have the emissions system working properly and save the world bla bla bla it's a 3 cylinder 40 mpg truck blow me haha but in all seriousness you do need keep the one vacuum line that goes to you're distributor intact o yeah and I **** canned the hole air box assembly and put a pod on it good luck and happc truckin

4. 3banger

3banger Member

Welcome to my world.

I'm going to start my conversion to a mikuni today! Goodbye random hoses.