1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Alberta Member - 1995 Subaru Sambar

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by blubbles, Jun 14, 2014.

1. blubbles

blubbles New Member

Hey Guys,

Just figured i'd write a little blurb, proud new owner of a 1995 Sambar, managed to pick it up with only 15,500 km. Previous owner had 3 set of tires for it (Ceros I just bought for her :) ) Along with a toolbox, and a stainless outer box to go around her.

Didn't even make it out of the garage before having all the lights swapped for LED's, and stereo's all changed out, and tach on. Still having a little bit of an issue with the idle on it, seems to struggle to keep a steady rpm. Hopefully I can find a thread on here for that!

Also anyone know what the green logo is? - Is that a farming sambar logo?

Some Pics

20140614_193946_zpscd163194.jpg

20140613_193740_zps29cf5051.jpg

20140614_215858_zpsc32f4b6d.jpg

20140614_215714_zps06676f5e.jpg

20140614_215735_zps1a4cdf17.jpg

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Welcome to the addiction. That's a real nice looking truck no idea about the logo.

3. offroadtoys

offroadtoys New Member

There has to be a way to block these JACKHOLES ^ from posting! Sorry blubbles, nice 95 Sambar. Have you put the Ceros on the truck yet? What size are they?

4. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

Spam posts have been deleted

5. Bullseye

Bullseye New Member

Nice ride there blubbles !!! I just got mine too a 1992 Suzuki Carry (got it out of Medicine Hat ) ....now in Central Alberta by Red Deer !! Where in Alberta are you ??

Love the "metal topper" ...I want to build something like that ......unless you want to sell yours ??? LOL

I want to set mine up for plowing (need front receiver, plow,etc) and just to have a little fun running around. Look forward to getting more seat time in this lil truck !!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  6. blubbles

blubbles New Member

Make me an offer and I would consider selling it. its being used currently as storage for my lawn mower haha. Its been done pretty well, its not flimsy and has been made with stainless steel so there is no rusting or anything like that, (its actually designed to have a full delta toolbox inside of that as well haha.

I drive the little guy quite a bit, put a couple of thousand kms on it this summer, saving quite a bit of fuel in my big truck lol.

I am in Calgary.

7. blubbles

blubbles New Member

Offroad - they are 23x8x12. I had them on it, but since have changed up the rims and haven't had them on again yet. They for sure mess up the geometry of the truck (makes it much harder to get up to 100km/h) but work awesome out in the bush. After doing it, I would NEVER put a 25x8x12 on these little guys, just too much for them, just asking for problems.