1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 15" rims

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by eeric, Sep 30, 2008.

1. eeric

eeric Member

Just got a new 15" rims for my Van, but it just a bit stick out of it.... :sly: i was planning to get a 13" steel rims, but can't find it anywhere with centre cap hole 60mm.....

Attached Files:

2. BIGSTEVE77

BIGSTEVE77 New Member

Were these after market (new) wheels? If they are what model and where did you get them? If the tires side wall bulges out past the body it is ok. But if the tread is exposed you should install fender flairs to be legal.

3. eeric

eeric Member

Yeah... they are new wheel, i got it from one of my friend . it's like 20mm running out of fender......hopefully i won't get ticket or VI.....:eek:

4. BIGSTEVE77

BIGSTEVE77 New Member

I'm looking for wheels for my subaru. Can you tell me who sells these 15" wheels. They look better than the only ones I've found so far, silver painted 14" EVO7s at Kal tire.

5. LostBoyScout

LostBoyScout New Member

That looks awesome! Same colour combo as my van. I was debating between 14 and 15" so it's nice to see another van with 15s!

Do you know what offset and width they are? Also, are the tires 195/45-15?

BTW for those looking for aftermarket wheels, there are literally thousands of options available to you. 4x100 is one of the most popular bolt patterns there is, and most aftermarket wheels use plastic hubcentric rings so its easy enough to get the right one, or just remove them if you cant

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  6. eeric

eeric Member

Thanks, but it just the wheel a bit stick out .... the offset is 20, it is 195/50/15

7. swampfox

swampfox Member

15" wheels/tires

I'm using the steel oem wheels off my '04 Scion xB on my '91 Sambar truck. I installed the Crossroads 2" lift front and rear, and I am using Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II tires in size P185/65R15. The steel Scion wheels' centerbores had to be reamed out from 54.1 to 59.1 by a machinist to fit the Sambar. The wheels you have on the van look a lot like the Drag DR27's. They come in 15x7 (4x100 bolt pattern). On the Scion, I used the Drag DR28's which come in the same size and look similar, except that the black inner part looks like the old Minilites or Superlites. I believe the centerbore was 74.1, and hubcentric rings (74.1 to 54.1--for the Scion) were added. There really aren't any clearance issues, and the truck rides like a different animal.

8. BIGSTEVE77

BIGSTEVE77 New Member

A friend of mine put a 2" lift kit on his '91 sambar pick up and then removed because of excessive camber. We run our trucks on the highway in Canada, so high speed handling and tire wear are major issues. Did you find that the lift kit threw your camber out?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  9. swampfox

swampfox Member

15" wheels and camber

Yes, the positive camber is noticeable--kinda like the old VW bugs, but I haven't noticed any adverse handling issues. Supposedly, when both sides have the same camber, they cancel each other out, and handling isn't affected. The wrong toe-in or out affects tire wear more than excessive camber. My Sambar is registered for the road here in Mississippi also, and I take all roads except the interstates with no problems. The old tires I took off were 185/60R15's, and I didn't notice much excessive wear on the outside of the tread due to the positive camber. I would; however, like to figure out how to bring the camber back toward neutral. I believe Crossroads is working on that issue. Maybe a wedge of some sort could be placed between the strut frame mount and the Crossroads lift kit. If someone knows how to fix this--let me know. More than anything--it just doesn't look right.

10. LostBoyScout

LostBoyScout New Member

I assume you've tried cranking the camber adjustment all the way negative already? I'm not sure how much adjustment there is on the Sambars, but typically you have a few degrees of adjustment.

11. swampfox

swampfox Member

15" wheels

No, I haven't attempted to adjust the camber that way.

12. LostBoyScout

LostBoyScout New Member

If the lower shock mount is 2 bolts, try loosening them and pushing the top of the rotor in as much as you can - this will give you max negative camber.

It will change toe-in slightly most likely, so an alignment wouldn't be a bad idea

13. aspera

aspera New Member

Camber plates? Eccentric strut bolts? Can you post some pics so I can see what you're dealing with? I'm really curious to find out what Subaru aftermarket parts apply to the Sambar.:pop:

I don't think forged aluminum STi control arms are in your future, but *something* from the huge Subaru aftermarket has got to fit a Sambar.:D

I'd laugh my fool head off if DMS 50 Giants bolted up to a Sambar.

14. LostBoyScout

LostBoyScout New Member

Probably not - but coilover sleeves would be an option if you were ok with them :D