1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need window trim, Window wiper Weatherstriping

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Limestone, May 1, 2020.

1. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    I know that I could do my own searching and find something to work. I get that, but the whole reason for the Forum, is to help and educate each other, with similar mini truck interests! So with that being said, I got my truck without a right side window,(fixed that), but the window, wiper seal trim, Weatherstrip, on the inside of the door, is missing! Any idea's what to use, or what to replace it with? I was able to rejuvenate, and fix, and repair the left side that was cracked, and split! I know, I'm nuts, but I'm from that era that we would fix whatever we could! So any suggestions, would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Limestone

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

5. Limestone

Thanks, ttc

6. Limestone

ttc, thanks any way, but that is the most annoying site to deal with! I don't have the patience for it! (%^&$#&^%$%^&))&%&^* I tried, ME AND THAT SITE DON'T SEE eye to eye! What's with all the japanese B.S. after I put in ENGLISH, i JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND! Not doing it anymore! I googled and found some American weatherstrip!

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

8. installater

installater Active Member

Heads up on the Japan Parts houses , I have some parts ordered & paid sitting over there since 4/05/20
    They say there still shipping, they might be shipping to there postal carrier but its not leaving the country
    and they can't tell you when it will Just saying beware or be prepared for a long wait
    Regards
    Brian

9. ttc

ttc Active Member

i find if i am not logged into partsfan the translation suck, want cheap parts learn japanese. i have found accessories that sell for big dollars when you find them on the internet in english. if i copy the japanese for it and seach some of the japanese parts sites i find same products for way cheaper.

10. Limestone

Thanks Jig's, Ill be going that route! That's what I was looking for! tcc, thanks again, I just don't have the patience, your a lot smarter than I am if your learning Japanese! The closest I plan on getting is an Egg role, and some Won Ton soup! lol!!! Thanks guys! Well I had to get into the garage and finally get some things done. I did bite the bullet and picked up some of those expensive bolts, that I really didn't want to, but by doing it I was able to complete, the rear end being lowered down, at the motor, and trans. and the rear supporting bracket! In doing so, I was able to remove a ground strap, at the rear bracket, that completes the ground, through, or around, the rubber, mount! I was able to re install, and make sure that was good! I took the small driveshaft off and, took apart the universal joints, and re packed them with grease, after inspecting, and re installed them! They looked better than I thought they might, so now I took the guess work out of that! I know, I'm nut's!!! I agree! I like the angle of the short drive shaft a lot better, so that worked! Jig's, I finally got the time to install the Pertronix Electronic Ignition! In between neighbors dropping in with 70 degree weather! So it went in pretty good all in all! I tried using the screws that were tapered to fit the Pertronix, which was a Phillips head countersunk screw, but they didn't want to seat, so I used the old points screws, and they tightened down real nice, then with the additional nut that was provided, I attached the ground wire to the Pertronix base plat as required! I mounted the Pertronix, Flame Thrower Coil, lengthened the wires and connected everything up! She wanted to start, but, been sitting a while so I'll try it in the next few days! It was getting late and I can feel myself dragging a bit! Stay healthy all!
    Limestone

11. Limestone

Here's a Pic of the Pertronix, in place of the points! Probably should have put this in another post!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  12. ttc

ttc Active Member

Did you find a wiper motor?
    Beforward is a site with used parts. I have never used them but once I am back to work I may as I need a starter for my parts truck.

13. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

TTC, quite a few of the mini trucks use Denso starters, and can be rebuilt, as most of teh parts for the starters a common to other Denso starters used on vehicles sold in the US and Canada. Look around for a rebuilder close to you, or on eBay for the parts. It isn’t too hard to rebuild your own started so long as the commutator isn’t too worn. Typically all you need is new brushes.

14. ttc

ttc Active Member

Ya I have it apart the.comutator is fine just need brushes and the holder repaired as I cracked it. The holder was stuck into the aft housing with corrosion. Also the main braid from the solenoid is shot. But I have parts for that. I can rebuild it myself. Not much I own goes to a shop. I know the part number for the brush holder and the cost but I may fix it myself.

15. JMM

JMM Member

Limestone likes this.
  16. Limestone

Thanks, JMM!