1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Suzuki Every Joypop Build advice...

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Thermos, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Thermos

Thermos New Member

So, I was sort of happily festooned with a 95 Suzuki Every. I had no money at the time, and still don't really.. But I wanna make it a bit more capable of sustained highway speeds (I've had a sambar truck and sambar dias van s/c and they were a lot better at hwy speeds). I figure a lot of power is lost through the auto so I'm thinking about just doing a 5speed swap. Anyhow, just wondering if anybody who's done it had any issues as it looks about as straight forward as a trans swap can get on a transverse motor. I dropped a few pics in the intro section, but this is what I'd be modifying (Not exactly a lifted truck, but a bit of a different take on these little guys, and...I just finished the resto this week so I'm kind of hyped to share).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any advice, and
    All the best,

Kelly.

2. Transverse? Those motors are longitudinal, just laid over on their sides. Do you already have the manual transmission and drive shaft?

3. Thermos

Thermos New Member

Nah, the motor is definitely transverse but it does lean towards the front of the van. I don't have the trans. Was sort of asking the question to see if it was financially viable.

4. That's an awfully old Zuk then. If step one is finding a tranny, I think you are going to have difficulty right at the start. I live in Japan and can't easily find one of those in a scrapyard. It looks cool, though; good paint and bodywork.

5. Thermos

Thermos New Member

Thanks man. It's a 95... Not too old mind you but certainly not newer. It's still EFI though. There should be a few around here as people bring in this era of carry trucks and vans and blow the motors and such so I may pick up one with drivetrain intact. Also wondering if the water passages on the cappuccino/alto works head match the block So I could run the turbo with the 5 speed. But one thing at a time.