1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Parts from Japan?? I'd like to help.

Discussion in 'Trade-A-Part' started by ZakRides, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

You'll have to check out the proxy sites and decide which one you can work with.

2. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

Hi, I’m wondering if you could get me a couple switches for my 1994 Diahatsu Hijet S-110P , it’s the 659cc EF-NS ENGINE. The number on the body is: S110P-029173. I need the reverse light switch and the coolant fan switch. Let me know if you could send me this as I just got this truck and now must find a parts source.

3. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

Well, I tried to deal with you here ZakRides, I wasn’t really optimistic about results so off to more sources.

4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

A.
    ZakRides, last post in this thread was on 9/10/2019, and he was last seen on this Forum, 7/20/2020! So maybe he just hasn't been on the Forum. Don't know!
    Limestone

5. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

Quite possibly indeed. It’s like detective work getting a list of part numbers collected, which I’m doing, and next is finding a sensible source to depend on with decent or reasonable prices.

6. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

A.
    For me, getting into the Mini, was the hardest part, I found! Between, parts being discontinued, and not being made any more, trying to cross reference the parts became, an even bigger challenge! It can get pretty frustrating at times, especially, if your relying on it as an every day driver!
    Limestone

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I learned to deal with such things almost fifty years ago. My first car was a Sunbeam, Alpine in 1972. Sunbeam had been bankrupt and closed since 67. Parts houses sold either import or American parts, no intermixing. Parts were hard to find, But I figured out that if I walked into a NAPA with a bearing and race, they could match it by the numbers on them, or measure them and figure it out by the dimensions. If I had walked in and asked for the front outer wheel bearing for a Sunbeam, they wouldn’t have it. If I walked in with the parts and asked them to match them, (it’s out of a trailer my dad tows with his tractor, that my uncle welded up out some old car parts Grandpa had at the ranch.).

And, some things I just had to fabricate. Suspension bushings were loose, couldn’t find replacements. An old machinist at the shop where I was sweeping floors to pay for the machine work on my engine, had me bring in the bad ones, and he showed me how to make new ones out of sintered bronze. Road a little rougher, but it sure was tight and response, with absolutely no play.

The scrounging and substituting skills have come in handy with my Hijet. Things like figuring out a spark plug I can buy at NAPA to replace the NGK-BCPR5EKD stock plugs, only ever available in Japan, and no longer made. You can’t look up the stock plug in the NGK North America catalog, it is based entirely on year, make and model. The English section of the EU catalog has a really nice table which explains what all the letters mean. From that, I could figure out that a NGK-BPR5E-11, regapped down to 0.9 to 1.0-mm will work just fine. As will the reliable old Champion RC12YC or RC9YC.

Adam C Spry and Limestone like this.
  8. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

We should start a sticky listing the years of a Hijet that fit a certain list of parts. For eg, 1992- 1996 Hijet and list of part numbers. ESP the commonly used tune up parts or commonly used.

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There is a sticky in the Hijet Forum. Or there used to be I haven’t looked at it in a while.

10. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

Ok, I’ll check for it.

11. Victor Dabdoub

Victor Dabdoub New Member

Hi
    I have a 2000 Cushman White Van, looking for driver seat and complete a/c system. can you source these for me?

12. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

I would like a price on a carberator for my 1995 Suzuki carry, DD51T thanks

13. shogun

shogun Active Member

14. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

Thanks for your help

15. ERINSON DURAN

ERINSON DURAN Member

Yes it will work, that is what I have in my 1999 Kia Towner