1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Moisha07, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Moisha07

Moisha07 New Member

I have a 1996 suzuki carry.Using on the farm. Catalytic Converter light on.Can't start the track.What does this mean? Please help

2. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

is it the red light picture of a catalytic converter with squiggly lines on it on? thats a temperature sensor for the catalytic converter, most JDM vehicles have no emissions besides the converter. the temperature probe is there to tell you if the converter is plugging up and getting hot enough to being close to catching fire

i de-cat my JDM vehicles, even my high mileage ones never had the light come on when the cat was in use but plugging up. check the wiring going to the probe for the sensor on the cat, it may be broken causing the light to be on. if the sensor is removed or the wires removed, it should not affect anything nor cause a no-start. should be unrelated unless the cat light is coming on after the truck runs a bit, if thats the case then i would be worried about it plugging up