1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an alternator!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Northern Tire and Auto, Oct 12, 2008.

1. I have a '93 Hijet that is not charging. I have done all the checks and it comes down to the alternator. Is this a hard part to find?

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

if you can't find one for a reasonable price you can usually have it rebuilt at a local auto electric shop for a fair price.

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

4. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

I needed one for my Mitsubishi and called G&R Imports. They had them in stock at what I though was a very reasonable price and I had my choice of either a Rebuilt or Used one. They are a sponser here as well.

5. I contacted a guy in Japan from Ebay user name yokohamabay and he wanted $222.00 dollars for used and $388.00 for new! then wanted $111.00 to ship it. :eek: Not going to happen. Hate to see what he charges for a truck.

I hope he's not a sponsor of this site. :eek:

6. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

Don't hold me to it but I'm thinking Joe at G&R Imports quoted me around $80.00 for a used one and I'm thinking $120.00 for a rebuilt one and I think shipping was around $15.00 and they were in stock. I thought their prices were very fair. I did some checking around here on getting my old one rebuilt first but nobody wanted to touch it. I couldn't even get the guys at Autozone or Advance Auto to test it because they didn't have the adapters to plug it into their machine.

7. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Have it rebuilt. 65.00 +-

8. I gave them a call today, $120 plus $10-15 to ship. I have to call them back tomorrow with the chassis # to get the right one. Seems fair and someone said they are a sponsor of the forum.

9. Not in my area. Nobody in this area rebuilds alternators. Closest place is 120 mile away and always wanted pretty close to what a rebuilt would cost.

10. bradrenea

bradrenea New Member

Not around here. The local guy told me he did not know what parts to put in it, and when I told him I could get one from oreillys for $130 he told me that I would be better off to buy from them than having him rebuild mine. And that guy can rebuild about anything!

11. ultra1550

ultra1550 New Member

Alternator

Call me, I have one. jack crabtree 843-830-6811

12. Sorry but already got one from G&R Imports. Thanks anyways.