1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need AC info

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Midway, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Midway

Midway Member

Have a 92 Hi Jet Jumbo and need info on ac like how much oil,freon,and if its R-12 or 134.Thanks for your help.:)

2. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Unlikely its R-134a being a 1992, unless the initial buyer had the wisdom to pay extra for it during purchase. Check the service fitting...if they are threaded on the outside like a tire stem, then it's R-12....quick disconnect like an air tool...R-134a.

Generally speaking, these smaller systems rarely go over 1lb of refridgerant charge.
    If you have never disassembled the system, you should still have some oil in the A/C components. Add 1oz. of the proper oil if you are worried, then fill with refridgerant.
    If you want to wait a week or so, I can check the next Hi-Jet that comes thru my shop..
    Have you checked under the seats? Sometimes there is a sticker there stating which refridgerant and how much. (Not always though)

Don

3. Midway

Midway Member

Thanks Don for the info that helps alot,just trying to get some info for my ac man.He is going to look at me like I have two heads when I drive this thing in as it is.