1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new Hijet shell??

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Sales' started by gumballf355, Jul 28, 2008.

1. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

That truck is a USA marketed truck and will have a 17 diget vin. Left hand drive 2x4. I dont guess I have tell anybody what that 17 diget vin # will get you. I bought 2 of these in Calif. about a year ago. They are speed limited to 25 mph although easy to by pass the limiter. The two I got were 3 speeds and had a factory extended cab (about 4").Good little trucks for being 2x4.

3. slimbad

slimbad Member

VIN or Serial #?

Trax..... Was wandering about that "17 digit Vin" - just where would that be located on the U.S. market Hi-jet?

I have a U.S. market LHD 94 Mits 4x4 and it only has the typical model code and chassis # (example attached).

My cuz has a U.S. market LHD 94 Mits 2x4 with same #'s. Neither have a Vin that I know of.

And how did you determine the Hi-jet was a 2x4 vs a 4x4? Just curious................later, slim

Attached Files:

4. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

The VIN # On the Jumbo is under the seat stamped and on the tag on the left door cab "B" piller.
    on a standard its under the seat stamped and on a tag under the seat too
    The S80 is a 2WD and a S81 is a 4WD These are the 7th,8th and9th digits in the VIN .
    The problem with the 17 digit VINs is they are missing the check digits and are 0s in place of the check digits

This is what one looks like built in Dec of 93 JDA000S8000309734 for a 2wd Jumbo cab

HTH some

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I concur with Koffer. I bought 2 of these Daihatsus in Calif. about a year ago. Left hand drives are for the US market. U.S. Gov. bought a ton of these in the late 80"s and early 90's. They went to National Park Services and to Military Bases all acroos the country. When I got these two trucks they came with a Gov. document "Certificate to Obtain a State Title" . U.S. marketed Daihatsus trucks will also have 10" wheels with those funky fender flairs up front. ( like the one in the picture) They will have a 17 diget # on the manufactures plate instead of eleven like on the Asia marketed trucks. With a few states making these street legal insurance agents are writing policies on them. If you watch the U.S. GOV. auctions they will pop up every once in a while. I cant speak about Mits. From past exprience the ones that come from National Park Services are still in good condition. They were usually used to check park permits ect. and not driven hard. On the other hand the ones that come off of military base are ragged out.

6. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

My friends at military bases beat them up... one friend even says they play bumper cars when they are bored. I've been told quite a few airports bought them aswell.